HorNET SongKey 4 now Available

cclarry

HoRNet SongKey MK4 is the fourth version of our key recognition tool, but it doesn’t do simple key recognition, it’s also capable of detecting the chord being played and the song tempo. We thought it was a good idea to also add MIDI input (to be able to detect chords and key of midi tracks) and MIDI output for the recognised chords so you can record them and edit the track for your own needs, also SongKey MK4 provides new standalone version that is able to generate midi clock to keep all your other MIDI gear in sync with a live audio input. 

This new SongKey provides better accuracy in every aspect: key recognition is faster and more precise, chords are detected more precisely and tempo is more accurate.

The new key detection engine builds on the chromagram and expands it with another artificial intelligence unit based around a statistical chord progression model that analysing the chord sequence is able to understand the key of the song, this has the great advantage that the key recognition is always realtime so you can change song without the need to reset the plugin, or if the song changes key in some part of it, the plugin will simply be able to detect the new chord sequence and follow the key change, all of this working just on your DAW, with no need for an internet connection.

The new SongKey MK4 also comes as a standalone App for macOS and Windows, this allows you to feed it with any sound from your other apps and see SongKey’s analysis in real-time, you can also use a live recording or a band playing live as its input, since it generates MIDI clock from the detected tempo, it can drive another DAW or sequencer and keep it in time with the live sound.

HoRNet SongKey MK4 is available for just 13,99€ right now and if you own ANY previous version of SongKey, you can upgrade for just 2,99€

Remember that on every plugin we make we offer 100% money back guarantee within 15 days from purchase if you are not satisfied!

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-songkey-mk4/

• Like 1

I am a Hornet fanboy, but this version is disappointing.  I am sure it is really hard (I would say impossible) to get real time chord analysis right.  The MIDI output just doesn't look useable in my testing.  It is good at what it did in previous versions as far as making a guess at the key (and BPM as long as there is no syncopation).  I only looked at audio analysis, not the MIDI input capability. Zplane deCoda is still my tool for audio chord analysis, but of course it is much more expensive.  I don't think sales apply to upgrades, but if you are a new user, wait for the Hornet monthly discounts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cclarry said:

it doesn’t do simple key recognition

Yeah, unfortunately I've been on it through v3 and that does seem to be the case. The free Antares app does a better job, so far.

It seems like a task that....I dunno, isn't it "sit there recognizing notes for a minute or so, then compare the list of notes to known scales/keys/modes?" It's what hackers call a "dictionary" attack.