Plan 9

bjornpdx

Plan 9

https://soundcloud.com/orygun/plan-9

I wanted to use an Omnisphere Theremin patch so I came up with this.
It's just some spacey music with dialog from the worst movie ever made "Plan 9 From Outer Space"
I downloaded the movie from the Prelinger Archives after finding out it's public domain so not a problem (I think) to use bits of dialog.

How do you insert a link such that the song plays right here in this box and doesn't switch over to Sound Cloud?  I can never get it to work.  Thanks.

Edited by bjornpdx

Hi, Bjorn,

This is a pretty cool piece of tasty synth work!😀

Nice choice of synths, the theremin from Omnisphere sounds great, and the mix sounds clean, modern and well textured.

I think the movie dialog fits really well with the tension and spacey vibe of the instrumentation, adding another layer to the theme of the track.

Way back when I was a teenager, the local Drive-In theaters around here used to always include "Plan 9 From outer Space" in their "Dusk to Dawn" oldie and sci-fi features, so I actually remember seeing at least parts of it! LOL!😁

Anyway, nice work, cool stuff!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

• Like 1

Great use of synths to create a SciFi/Horror piece of music.  The use of sounds does create a definite edge to this song and the dialogue from the movie really accentuates the whole feel of the song.  Way back in the old days, here in the Tampa Bay area, Dr. Paul Bearer hosted a Friday night horror show on one of our local channels.  I am not sure who was the bigger "hoot" -- Dr. Paul or the cheesy movies.  One empty, unoccupied Friday night (for me)he showed Planet 9  ---  I thought it was the best worst movie I had ever seen (I'm not sure if that was a crit. or a complement?).

Nice one Bjorn!!!

• Like 2

Bob, thanks for the nice comments. I never actually saw the movie (heard a lot about it tho) until I downloaded it for this project. It's a bad movie for sure, but it's certainly not a boring one!

Freddy, thanks for taking the time to comment.  Dr. Paul Bearer, huh?  Yeah, the movie is beyond cheesy but can't really say it's the worst movie ever. Bad movies are the ones you exit the theater from before they end, but not so with Plan 9.

kakku, thanks again for your comments.

Hi bjornpdx ,

I enjoyed what you did here w your song overlay over the dialog.

Your interpretation of Sci Fi tones are very good .

I must confess , I'm not sure if I have seen the movie or not . Now that I have heard your clip Plan 9 , I think I want too.

I love messing around with those type of sounds myself .

Truthfully , I can't say I have done anything as developed as what you have done here .

I have been messing around with these samples lately ...all the free ones that come in the free packs  are very good for the type of sounds you were going for  ...

IMHO , at least in my case the free bundles were worth the time and effort . YMMV

Lots of warp drive motion and alien sounds can be found here ....

https://glitchmachines.com/

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, bjornpdx said:

Plan 9

https://soundcloud.com/orygun/plan-9

I wanted to use an Omnisphere Theremin patch so I came up with this.
It's just some spacey music with dialog from the worst movie ever made "Plan 9 From Outer Space"
I downloaded the movie from the Prelinger Archives after finding out it's public domain so not a problem (I think) to use bits of dialog.

How do you insert a link such that the song plays right here in this box and doesn't switch over to Sound Cloud?  I can never get it to work.  Thanks.

Cool Ambient Soundtrack Bjorn. Goes well for the dialogs. Liked it. Well done. 👍

• Like 1

Bjorn was around.  :)

Ah, from the start, whatever you do for this, musically, is automatically MUCH better than the movie.

And what you have done is filled the speakers with swirly evolving goodness. Spoken word has great effects. Just a touch of ssssibilance around 1:50.

I think this is wonderful.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1