Boss ME-80

The specs of your system would be helpful, as we have no idea if you are on a Mac or PC and what OS is running on it.  Currently on my WIn10 PC I can connect a Boss ME80 by USB which can connect to the Boss Tone Studio software which you can download from the Boss site.  With this you can change/tweek patches, upload new patches and manage the library in the ME80.   

As far a recording the audio outs from the ME80, I connect it through a Focusrite 18i20 without issues.  

• 9 months later...

I run the ME80 via USB to PC, and then choose the ME80 as the audio device in Cakewalk. I would love to be able to monitor via my studio speakers, but right now I can only monitor via headphones plugged into the ME80. I tried running the ME80 through my Steinberg UR22mkII, but do not get any sound.

If anyone would care to share the setup they use, it would be most appreciated. The headphones are not the end of the world, but I would like to hear the mix through my studio speakers as well.

I'm running Cakewalk with Windows 10

Edited by Bryan
Forgot something

I have a Boss SY-1000, but the concept is the same. I have a mixer and it feeds both an audio IF and PA and/or monitors. The main outs from the 1000 go to the mixer. If I use the 1000 usb IF then the mixer channels the 1000 are on are routed to the PA. The mixer is a 4 bus mixer so signals can be routed thru an audio IF. With this setup I can also have the the 1000 go to Ableton Live and have fx and looping all thru the 1000 and also have the mixer tracking in Cakewalk and just the Cakewalk output going to the PA and/or monitors.

Edited by rsinger