XLN Black Friday Sale

cclarry

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

One man's junk is another man's treasure...

AD is vastly inferior in every aspect, other than sound quality, being "on par",
but the MIDI capabilities of EZDrummer are far superior to Addictive drums,
and are about to get even better soon....

Respectfully and strongly disagree. Junk? Really?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Yes, every drum kit, every MIDI pak, every kit piece, every effect, and on top of that also Addictive Trigger, XO and all Addictive Keys. The works.

Ahh, but do you have the T-shirt and Coffee mug?

Actually I'm making that up, but there probably is some and you probably have them too. 

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I stopped using XLN a while ago...it's basically "abandonware", their marketing is horrid,
and it offers nothing over the other options, which get updated and added to regularly.

Once I bought Superior Drummer (v2, then upgraded to v3), I stopped using AD2. Never gone back. Never missed it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

The XLN keys are amazing stuff. I recently spend some time working on some electric piano.  XLN blows NI and Scarbee keys out of the water in sound and features. I am looking at XO and perhaps RC-20. $49 still seems a little high for RC-20. Wasn't it $35 at one point?

$41.97 at JRRShop with discount code GROUP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Once I bought Superior Drummer (v2, then upgraded to v3), I stopped using AD2. Never gone back. Never missed it.

I have AD2 and use it a lot, but I am a former semi-pro drummer who is super picky about sampled drums and I greatly prefer Superior Drummer over AD2 or BFD3 (which I don't own, I'm just going off demos and the UI). However, I'm still using SD2 and a bunch of expansions , which I love and still runs great on my Windows 10 PC. But Toontrack pulled upgrade pricing for SD3 long ago and a full version is $400 USD -- even $300 for ezDrummer 2 owners -- which is not me -- is pretty steep. I've consulted to a couple of dozen plugin and sample developers over the years, and I find Toontrack is one of the least customer loyal plugin developers in this business today. Yes, AD2 definitely doesn't sound as good to my ears and it's not as feature packed as SD3, but XLN is a much more customer-focused company. I really dislike some of the customer unfriendly practices I've seen Toontrack engage in over the years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I really dislike some of the customer unfriendly practices I've seen Toontrack engage in over the years. 

I can only really think of one, which was discontinuing SD3 upgrades from SD2, but tbh I haven't been paying that much attention. They do exclude their newer SDXs from sales, but you do get pick-your-own-bundle packs now which would offer a discount (something to keep on a wishlist for the store-wide discount vouchers that some online stores occasional give out). IIRC, they also have 12-days-of-Christmas sales in December.