Dim Pro 1.5 Registration issue CBB /Sonar Platinum on second PC

George Cowan

Hi can you help..

DIM PRO 5 v1.5  - I am trying to register it against my new PC but I'm  caught in a frustrating, recurring  Dim Pro  Registration loop.

Actions so far....

I downloaded DP 1.5 from My Products from command center.

DP5 launches and works fine on my new computer BUT on launch  it initiates with 30 day time bomb message asking me to Register the product. - It is now at 23 days and counting.

Numerous times -  I've tried  registering  the CWDM150763349901618 serial number code ( shown by clicking on the DIMENSION PRO TEXT) against  the 16 alpha numeric Registration Code  ( i.e. XXXX - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX code format  stored in "My products "  against CWDM150763349901618 ).

I do this by copying the 16 alpha numeric Registration Cod pasting it into the  required registration code field .

I get an "Invalid  registration Code warning  etc ".

Something appears to be cross wired. 

NOTE : Its early days but so far  all other CW BL functionality on the new PC appears to be stable - so far it is only DIM PRO5 that i've encountered any issues with.

Any suggestions?

Additional info 

- I've used Sonar CW BL for 20 years plus

- Still using a  second PC from 2013 - DIM Pro etc all working fine  ( including registration).

- In Sept 2019 I bought a  HP PC that I installed CW Sonar BL etc  onto successfully   (including Dim Pro 5).

I used this  HP PC successfully  for a few years  but I had to return this PC to HP under warranty in Sept 2021 as it it had developed Overheating issues. I was advised not to use it and return it to HP .

My "un-educated" thoughts on possible issues - solutions 

1) Has Dim pro  got a max number of computers it can be registered against (ie  2  ?)  and if so is it possible  DIM PRO 5 has still got a registration in command Centre against that HP pc that needs to be cleared? *

(* The  last point was brought up as - I had this issue with Melodyne this week due to HP computer still be  registered on the  Melodyne 2 PC  license against it.  Melodyne support kindly deleted the HP ref and freed up the second license ).

2) Has the registry got screwed up in some way  regarding Dim Pro and I need to uninstall re-install Dim Pro  with  guidance from you guys ?

Look forward to your response.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting issues regarding missing "Programs" in the Dim Pro Rapture world.

Getting very frustrated as I have spent 2 hours trying to attach screenshots  of theissues - comparing  my old pc and me new pc  - however I am unable to show 3 screenshots Total 3.3 mb because  max total size of 4.88mb is breeched - it ISN't.

Unfortunately 3 " missing"screenshots  show

1 - my 2013 pc with the latest BandLAB Sonar version showing programs I have used since 2016  including for example the Rap Pro Full Strings tender.

2 - This and other Rap  progs are not available to me on my new PC  2021 again with the latest Bandlab downloaded 

3 - I have re installed Rapture session from My Products again yesterday - still no joy. I had a screen shot of MY Products to show my ownership list - I now require the the re-instatement of these programs to  complete recent  work tasks.

HELP!...don't know what to do - these Programs have been used by myself in projects for years. 

Going to my bed

regards George

I do not upload images directly to the forum.

Instead, I created an account on imgur.com drag and drop the images into my account, click on the image, click the copy button next to the BBCode link

iJRBBFR.png

and paste it into my post.

Fast, free and easy.

Does not affect this forum's user upload quota.

I assume you still have access to the 2013 machine.

If so, copy the 

• C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro and
  • C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data

folders onto the new machine overwriting the existing files and folders.

Funny I uploads lot of screen shots here directly from my computer been doing it for years.  

Only thing can’t upload is a GIF so I use GIffy. 
Did you try the Command Center as Scook mentioned I use the CCC for all my older products on a new install. I have a back of the CCC download folder from the older computer. 
1. install Command Center to new machine but don’t run it yet 

2. Copy all content from back up of CCC download folder to new download folder 

3. Install everything I want using CCC. It will go faster because it doesn’t have to download anything. 

I think you have to run Cakewalk in Administrative mode to authorize DimPro?? 

Hi guys - thanks for your help.

Its been a false trail I was following -  but due to your input - it got on the right track.

I forgot that in 2017 - I was running low  onC drive disk .

I installed the Rapture Pro data , progs etc on my E DRIVE   and pointed the CWBL launch at the E drive .

I've found the missing  R PRO samples on E drive which are accessed  from my old computer running CWBL 

I 'll repeat the process for my new computer and get back 

Oldmanitis !!

thanks again 

G

PS - png  upload working -  an example below .

I think - possibly -  the 4.88 MB limit is a cumulative  size of pics loaded within a session (?) . 

with Deleted files within the session  not subtracted - I deleted a few yesterday  .

Pure speculation on my behalf .

OLD PC RAP SESSIONS STRINGS FULL STRINGS TENDER.png