Celemony Melodyne Sale is staring now:

cclarry

Actually just reading a Reddit thread about it and some say it’s better for the sibilance features but others say that some of the features that were in 4 are removed in 5, that’s rubbish if true

Edited by tom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, tom said:

I have Melodyne 4 editor and I skipped upgrading to 5 last time it was cheap and I still can’t see if it’s worth it. Any convincing arguments that the stuff in 5 is much better than 4?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2020/5/25/celemony-melodyne-5-released-with-improved-melodic-algorithm

This covers it pretty well. The ability to work on multiple tracks at once in the studio version is also quite useful. 

• Like 2

Celemony now has Melodyne 5 Studio on sale for USD $99 until the end of December (2021).

https://services.celemony.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/LicenseApp.woa/wa/M4NLService/showUpdateInfo?serialnumber=5F33-5NH7-NCNF-56KA-A9H4&updateInfoID=USM5-01b&s=e55ab2b8&language=en&playVideo=M5film-NewInM5

(sorry if link is not working).

Kind regards,

tecknot

https://services.celemony.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/LicenseApp.woa/wa/M4NLService/showUpdateInfo?serialnumber=5F33-5NH7-NCNF-56KA-A9H4&updateInfoID=USM5-01b&s=e55ab2b8&language=en&playVideo=M5film-NewInM5

This appears to be an "Update" from 4 Studio...not the full version.

It is...when I click through you get this in your cart

Melodyne 5 studio, update from Melodyne 4 studio as download, single-seat license

I went with JRR yesterday and upgraded Studio from 4-5, I had a look at the posts from last November and it seemed you could do various upgrades, but the Studio 4-5 wasn't one of them. 

Went into the BF with XLN Mallets and Melodyne 4-5 Studio Upgrade as my only key purchases. So I'm pretty content now, although I did grade Shimmer Shake Strick,  XLN XO and Scaler

Having chord tracks in Melodyne really appeals to me, and in the past it was a feature request for Sonar I made and supported. Now I have Scaler too, I'm really hoping this trend for chord and key info being built in, in music production is picked up by bandlab. And would tie everything to together nicely. 

As the silabance and breath control in Melodyne is based of non harmonic sounds, I'm hoping with will tackle other noizes from instruments, such as string and finger noise, as well as my breathing on flute. 

30 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Got a great deal on the upgrade from Essential to Assistant for $44 at JRR a few months ago. Would love to get a similar deal towards Editor. 

You and me both!  To be honest, I'm upset that I can't get the $83.16 upgrade at EveryPlugin :S

• Sad 1