Soundpaint | 1901 Vintage Upright Piano and 10 Analog Synths

Simeon Amburgey

The Soundpaint price is $40. The 8DIO price for the same 1901 Broadwell upright for Kontakt lists for $198. I own that (didn't pay anywhere near list), and just got an email from Soundpaint that I could crossgrade in the next 48 hours for $20 instead of $40. Purchased and downloading now. It's one sweet upright!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

Man, they are rolling out the instruments quickly. I haven't even really had a chance to investigate this very much. Now the total bundle is up to $450, but I see there are still quite a few more "coming soon" instruments, so I might just wait and see what the full collection will go for, if they get it before the end of year I'll get the whole slew, since I need to spend a bit more $$$ this year for tax purposes. Anyone have a review of some of the more recent additions to this library or the whole thing?

3 hours ago, Dave Maffris said:

Man, they are rolling out the instruments quickly. I haven't even really had a chance to investigate this very much. Now the total bundle is up to $450, but I see there are still quite a few more "coming soon" instruments, so I might just wait and see what the full collection will go for, if they get it before the end of year I'll get the whole slew, since I need to spend a bit more $$$ this year for tax purposes. Anyone have a review of some of the more recent additions to this library or the whole thing?

If it makes a difference, the whole collection price is only discounted by $10, and they've vowed to never put them on sale. Provided they stick by that, it allows you to buy what you need and what most piques your interest at your own pace. 

*Edited a word. 

Edited by Steve Madden

3 hours ago, Dave Maffris said:

Man, they are rolling out the instruments quickly.

Yea, they have a huge base of samples to pull from, so it gives them a way to repurpose (in some cases). Although they are also doing new samples for some instruments.

Edited by Barrie

3 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

If it makes a difference, the whole collection price is only discounted by $10, and they've vowed to never put them on sale. Provided they stick by that, it allows you to buy what you need and what most piques your interest at your own pace. 

*Edited a word. 

Good advice, really. Thanks. 

On 11/19/2021 at 3:29 AM, Barrie said:

Yea, they have a huge base of samples to pull from, so it gives them a way to repurpose (in some cases). Although they are also doing new samples for some instruments.

If you look at 37:27 in the 10 Analog Synth Ensemble video Simeon posted above, Dan scrolls through a heap of existing 8dio sample libraries in the Library tab that I presume are ready but which 8dio will be rolling out 2 per week.