John Vere

Cakewalk 2022 Owners Manual Tutorials

Here's another original song project that turned into a tutorial. 

• Like 1

Here's my latest where I cover where I'm at with my latest mixng workflow. Hope it helps you get there faster. 

• Like 4

I updated this video to improve a few instructions. I also added that you can use this to create Audio stems for sharing or back up. 

• Like 2

I was just working on some old songs and this one song that all I have is the Master 2 track recording. It was recorded on a Tascam 238 Cassette 8 track so the quality has always bugged me. Really good playing, bad sound. So I had this idea of dropping it to Cakewalk and re building it using the original as a means to the end.  So far it's sounding 90% better than the original. The only thing I'll miss is the drums were done by a very good drummer Mike Norcott who played on a few of my early originals. But I managed to steal most of his snare part using drum replacer. 

• Like 3

Here my latest. I've just started mastering my songs so why now make a tutorial about how I'm doing this. 

• Like 1

A very easy approach to using Melodyne to clean up your vocal tracks. 

• Like 2

Hey John, I really appreciate the trouble you’ve taken to make all these videos for the community. I’m betting you learned quite a few things yourself as you undertook each video project. 

Also checked out your YouTube subs and noticed you’re subscribed to pretty much all the same woodworkers I regularly watch.  

Great work. Keep it going. 

Here is Part II of the export Features where I added a bit more detail. 

How to use the What to Export dialogue. 

And how to set up and save Tasks to make your exports faster. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

One thing I most certainly learned from making this tutorial is how much I like Cakewalk. Actually Pro Tools was OK if not for the stupid AXX limitation. I could never live with that. But Cubase just generally drives me nuts. I just hope I never have to do this and the same for everyone.  But it is good to know we are future proof if Cakewalk comes to an end 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 4