What do you recommend for a VST guitar to midi solution?

james rector

Jam Origin MIDI Guitar works just as well as the Roland GK pickups + MIDI converters. For tracking & latency, it's certainly on par with my Roland GK3 / GK2A  + GI-10.

I got best results are using an ASIO buffer of 128 and 48Khz sampling frequency, but still found it to be a bit unstable and prone to crashes.  As such if you do use it, I recommend doing it in a separate project then exporting the MIDI afterwards.

Personally, wanting MIDI from guitar is rare for me nowadays, but when I do I normally go back to using the GI-10 or more often I just record the guitar and use Melodyne's polyphonic pitch to MIDI.

• Like 2

Other than hardware midi guitars the Midi Guitar software seems the only one out there. Seems to work fine but the demo version is annoying so never got to far into it.

As said by others easier to use Melodyne which I already paid for. 

I also have a Godin guitar with hex pu built in and the Roland GR50. To lazy to hook it up. But when I do it’s a lot of fun.

But even though it tracks nicely and sounds very cool and retro, the recording of the midi needs way to much editing . Probably 3x that of a Melodyne audio to midi track.
If I use it I record the stereo audio of the synth as well as a separate track for the guitar. I drag and drop that to a midi track. Lots of possibilities

• 4 weeks later...