Restore stripe size

Asato Maa

Hello there!

Dear developers! Please make it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to restore the stripe size! 🙏

It would be immensely convenient!
Otherwise, I have to make a large number of mouse clicks to view information about collapsed tracks.

изображение.png

Edited by Asato Maa

giphy.gif

I agree. Seems easy to collapse but I spent a long time determined to find a way to return tracks to that magic height where you can see all the dialogue boxes. 

I did find a few other comprised ways that speed things up. 

1st is the F key will maximize all tracks ( or busses ) equally 

2nd is under View ( the track pane one) select "auto track zoom" it's kinda weird to get used to but it can instantly resize all tracks depending on were you grab them sometimes. 

3rd is very clunky but I used to do this before I found the others, Drag the track pane/ clips Pane devider right until you can see all the dialog boxes. 

Edited by John Vere

@Asato Maa     

Vertical and horizontal ZOOM is already assigned by default to the keyboard shortcut: CTRL + up/down or left/right arrows. In addition, if you select several tracks, then holding down the CTRL key, you can do the same vertical ZOOM only on these selected tracks.

Edited by IgoRr
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 3:50 AM, Asato Maa said:

Hello there!

Dear developers! Please make it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to restore the stripe size!
🙏

It would be immensely convenient!
Otherwise, I have to make a large number of mouse clicks to view information about collapsed tracks.

изображение.png

Wow!!!
I just found this keyboard shortcut by accident!!! 🚀

It's: Enter!!!

Edited by Asato Maa

On 2/16/2022 at 1:00 AM, Asato Maa said:

Important point! If you have a track active (the white box is on the track name), then the renaming of the track will be activated. You need to use the right keys to move the zone outside the active modules. And everything works!!!

For those who had trouble understanding what's going on in the video (because you can't see keystrokes), if you want to toggle track height with keystrokes, click so that the track is in focus, then hit your right arrow key and then hit Enter. At that point you can also navigate up and down using the arrow keys and the Enter key will still work for toggling track height.

I'm not sure that I could get good at that, but it's good to know it's there.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Asato Maa said:

Important point! If you have a track active (the white box is on the track name), then the renaming of the track will be activated. You need to use the right keys to move the zone outside the active modules. And everything works!!!

Link to video example

I know you're asking for a revert option, but for now just use Ctrl+ ⬆️ ⬇️ for multiple tracks highlight the desired tracks. There's also the Shift + Drag option. I prefer the Ctrl+Arrow keys though. 

And . . . 

to zoom In and Out Ctrl+⬅️➡️

Best solution for now and its accurate in resizing things. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1