Cakewalk is like a guitar..

Anders Madsen

..the more you play, the better the guitar.
I've come to realize that I'm looking forward to the end of my work day, just so I can get home to my Cakewalk projects. 
I've fairly recently got an Icon Qcon Pro2 that slowly gets into muscle memory.
I've recently started to use the pro channel more and more, because I've come to trust it. It is darn good.
The joy I get from this makes me very grateful, and if I exaggerate just a bit, I could say Cakewalk has become part of my persona.
I just would not know what to to without it. (I'd had to fiddle with ye olde Tascam 244 four track cassette recorder. Yes, I still have it somewhere in the basement)
Thanx guys for excellent performance over the entire line. Product, forum and all.

Edited by Anders Madsen
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Anders Madsen said:

I've fairly recently got an Icon Qcon Pro2 that slowly gets into muscle memory.
I've recently started to use the pro channel more and more, because I've come to trust it. It is darn good.

The only way I've ever been able to get into a hardware control is to ban using a mouse, and force myself to use the controller. It's always uncomfortable at first, but once you learn it, it's worth the effort.

I think a lot of people underrated Pro Channel modules like the QuadCurve because it was "free." The ProChannel modules are by and large excellent (and regarding those that aren't available any more, they were by and large excellent). They're my go-to processors in Cakewalk, and not just because I like staying in a DAW's ecosystem as much as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, Craig Anderton said:

I think a lot of people underrated Pro Channel modules like the QuadCurve

mmmm. I've never heard or used this QuadCurve Pro Channel module... I'm missing something? 

My ProChannel modules were migrated from Sonar PLatinum. 

--- 

Oh, it's the EQ Module.. jeje. Didn't recognize the name - I use it all the time but for me was just the EQ. module.

Edited by Andres Medina
Update

More than just DAW application, Cakewalk is an ecosystem. You got married to the ecosystem it created. It will teach you its way of doing this and that, change your perspective, dictate your workflow, set your mindset, trap you with its features, and yet you feel happy you did follow it.