Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cclarry

Audio Imperia Black Friday Sale

Recommended Posts

BLACK FRIDAY SALE

UP TO 75% OFF PLUS SPECIAL CROSSGRADE OFFERS

To really celebrate this year’s Black Friday, we decided to play to our strengths in voice and vocal virtual instrument development and introduce "Solo - Boy Soloists" as a free addition to our SOLO product range, which we launched earlier this year.

A completely new product that we recorded only a few weeks ago in the same recording space as SOLO, this library includes a set of articulations sung by two incredibly talented boy singers from the children's choir in Budapest. Each of two boy soloists instruments have an Aah and an Ooh Legato, as well as Aah and Ooh Sustains. Solo - Boy Soloists is a powerful storytelling tool that truly shines through its enchanting and emotion-brimming vocals that carry with them a sense of purity and tranquility.

The library will be free to any customers purchasing one of the two available Black Friday bundle packages and is only going to be available from the 17th of November until December 4th. Please note that no further crossgrade or pro-rated discounts will apply to the bundles!

Once you have purchased one of the bundles, you will receive your download link for Solo - Boy Soloists within 24 hours via email.

Get the Cinematic Composing Tools Bundle HERE - Use Discount Code: BF21COMPOSINGTOOLS

Get the Modern Underscore Bundle HERE - Use Discount Code: BF21MODERNUNDERSCORE

The Black Friday offer ends December 4th!

https://www.audioimperia.com/

Edited by cclarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question for you all:

So the Cinematic Composing Tools Bundle includes Cerberus, Legacy, Talos, Trailer Guitars 2 and Jaeger and you can get it for $499. In August 2020 the same bundle was available for $399 from Native Instruments, but I don't think we're going to see that kind of sale anytime soon.

Of the more serious orchestral libraries I only have BBC SO Core. My plan was to get Audio Imperia Nucleus now and Metropolis Ark 1 later when (if ever) it goes on sale. My thinking was that I would use BBCSO for the more gentle orchestral music and Ark 1 for epic & bombastic stuff, and Nucleus for everything in between.

But now I'm wondering if I should skip both Nucleus and Ark 1 and go for Jaeger and Talos instead. I think with BBCSO they would cover enough ground that I wouldn't need anything in between, considering that I currently don't write music where the symphonic orchestra is front and center.

On the other hand my gut tells me that Nucleus alone might have enough oomph for my purposes, because it uses the same samples as Jaeger. It doesn't have as many articulations and it's completely missing the 12 horns that Jaeger has, but I don't think you need that much articulations when you're just trying to be loud and I could probably make do with the horns it has or use a dedicated brass library. And Nucleus has solo instruments, which Jaeger lacks.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

(At some point in the future I'll probably get Hollywood Orchestra, but I think it might be too much for me right now and I'm not sure if it's loud enough.)

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Metropolis Ark 1, and it's awesome! You can't get more epic than this! 

Hollywood Orchestra is made with the epic Hollywood sound in mind, so it should be loud enough for that kind of music.

That being said, Audio Imperia is well regarded for epic stuff. If I wouldn't already be well covered in that aspect, I would surely be interested in this bundle. It's 100$ more expensive than last time, but you also get an exclusive solo vocal library, so that makes it for the price difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I have Metropolis Ark 1, and it's awesome! You can't get more epic than this! 

Hollywood Orchestra is made with the epic Hollywood sound in mind, so it should be loud enough for that kind of music.

That being said, Audio Imperia is well regarded for epic stuff. If I wouldn't already be well covered in that aspect, I would surely be interested in this bundle. It's 100$ more expensive than last time, but you also get an exclusive solo vocal library, so that makes it for the price difference.

The thing is that I'm not really interested in any of the other libraries but Jaeger and Talos. And I'm not sure if I even need Talos. So I guess the question is whether it's better to have more articulations or solo instruments, and is there a sound difference?

There is something about the sound of Hollywood Orchestra that makes every demo I've heard sound like John Williams' music. So I think I'm not doubting the loudness of the library as much as the general character of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the NI Audio Imperia bundle as well as the full set of Ark libraries and BBCSO pro.  While there is nothing wrong with the AI bundle, other than Jaeger, I don't think I've really used the others much at all.  And I'd go with Ark 1 before all of them.  This was one of the reasons last year I decided to just skip Nucleus completely.  It just wouldn't help me.  You might want to look closely at the articulations and mic options and see how that maps to what you want to do/will likely do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I have the NI Audio Imperia bundle as well as the full set of Ark libraries and BBCSO pro.  While there is nothing wrong with the AI bundle, other than Jaeger, I don't think I've really used the others much at all.  And I'd go with Ark 1 before all of them.  This was one of the reasons last year I decided to just skip Nucleus completely.  It just wouldn't help me.  You might want to look closely at the articulations and mic options and see how that maps to what you want to do/will likely do.

In your opinion, is there anything Jaeger does better than Ark 1 if we compare just the strings and brass? And can you think of an alternative to Nucleus at a similar price point and with sound that would complement BBSCO Core and Ark 1?

I understand that there is no perfect orchestral library and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. At this stage I'd just like to avoid overlap as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pseudopop said:

In your opinion, is there anything Jaeger does better than Ark 1 if we compare just the strings and brass? And can you think of an alternative to Nucleus at a similar price point and with sound that would complement BBSCO Core and Ark 1?

I understand that there is no perfect orchestral library and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. At this stage I'd just like to avoid overlap as much as possible.

The only advantage Jaeger has over Ark 1 is that it splits instrument groups up.  Ark 1 only has high and low strings for example, Jaeger has Violins/Violas/Celli/Double Basses (and some ensembles).  Jaeger also has a nice vocal by Merethe Soltvedt (though Ark's choir is also very nice).  But I'm also comparing and thinking of Ark 1 in Kontakt format.  Since that's never going to be on sale (they sell it, but it never is included in discounts) you may need to factor that in.  The SINE version of Ark 1 is not as good as the Kontakt one.   Given a choice between Ark 1 SINE and Jaeger, I think I'd go Jaeger.  But I'd go Ark 1 Kontakt over either of them.

Near as I can tell BBCSO covers all the same ground as Nucleus.  I'd say those two are certainly the same class.  Core's missing parts though might be better covered by Nucleus vs BBCSO Pro, but to be honest I'd say going BBCSO Pro would be better than Nucleus or any other complete orchestra to fill gaps.  If you want to avoid overlap.  I passed on Nucleus only after doing research on what it covered.  In the end for me it didn't fill any gaps, was just more of the same basics.

I think this bundle (with the bonus) for $500 is a reasonable deal (but not great) and you do get nice stuff in it.  But how much use you'll get outside of Jaeger, I'm not so sure, I know I didn't.

I do think it pairs well with BBCSO Pro (not sure about Core, since Pro has a lot of solo parts Core doesn't).  But it's very directed at a specific kind of epic/hybrid music.  If you aren't making that kind of music, it will not be very useful.  It's kind of noisy and needs an epic mix.  You aren't going to do a quiet anything with it (and no woodwinds).

If you want to add some epic to BBCSO Core, I'd say this would be a reasonable path.  But if you just want to expand BBCSO Core to cover more, Pro would be better than Nucleus and waiting for Ark to go on sale.  Honestly I think BBCSO can do epic too, especially Pro with all the mics.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...