Fluffy Audio Black Friday Sale

cclarry

I am looking for a good deep sampled, well scripted KONTAKT cello library for mostly acoustic rock accompanying piano and this dev's Trio Broz: Solo Cello demos sound really nice. Does anyone here own this? I'm comparing it to libraries from 8Dio and Tina Guo. I'd love to hear anyone's input if they have one of those or another deep sampled cello library they love and would recommend. 

UPDATE: I purchased sample libraries from Fluffy Audio and spent 11 months putting in the same customer support request but never received a response. When I went on Fluffy Audio's Facebook page to share that I like the libraries but the lack of customer support is unacceptable hoping they might finally respond to my multiple customer support requests, Fluffy Audio did respond by deleting my post and then blocking me on Facebook and later made extremely hostile and defamatory remarks to a customer. All because I was voicing that they didn't provide support. I've since found from someone who works with them and a reviewer that my experience wasn't a surprise to them. My recommendation is to avoid Fluffy Audio, not because their libraries are bad, but because of the developer's poor support and poor treatment of customers and colleagues. In decades of buying sample libraries, I've never experienced a developer so hostile to a customer. I get that the guy was upset that I shared my bad experience with his business publicly, but you don't go to war with a customer that had a poor experience with your business. I expected that Fluffy Audio would have responded to my support requests at that point, they didn't. There's a lot of other developers that make similar libraries that are excellent that treat their customers well. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I am looking for a good deep sampled, well scripted KONTAKT cello library for mostly acoustic rock accompanying piano and this dev's Trio Broz: Solo Cello demos sound really nice. Does anyone here own this? I'm comparing it to libraries from 8Dio and Tina Guo. I'd love to hear anyone's input if they have one of those or another deep sampled cello library they love and would recommend. 

Have you checked out Emotional Cello? 

Edited by Christian Jones
From Best Service

18 minutes ago, antler said:

@PavlovsCat Have you had a look at Audio Modeling's SWAM Cello? It's not a sampled library, but the demos sound really good

https://audiomodeling.com/strings/solo-strings/swam-cello/

I have, and I was just a little hesitant to leave samples. I own IK's bass modeling soft synth, MODO -- which I bought only because Orange Tree Samples doesn't have a Hofner (if anyone wants to do a thread lobbying them to make one, I'm on board!!!) -- and it's good, but it's still missing something. Consequently, I use the Evolution Roundwound preset based on Jamie Jamerson -- which is what McCartney based his sound upon. So, maybe SWAM is better than MODO, but an electric bass should be a lot less difficult to simulate than a cello, and it makes me hesitant. Besides, I was hoping to spend $75 or less on a Black Friday deal. I have the Intimate solo strings package from 8Dio (can developers stop naming everything intimate or emotional -- or Evolution -- a name I came up with for OTS more than a decade ago when no one else was using it and then every hack developer came around and started using it -- to hell be intellectual property rights), but it just sounds too quirky, which is not at all what I'm looking for. I want character, but not the character that library has. I have Sospiro Strings, but the solo cello and other instruments last like two seconds before abruptly being awkwardly spliced like a bad soundfont. 

20 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Have you checked out Emotional Cello? 

I did check the one out a while ago. While it's out of my price range ($199 reg price(, I found some of the demos the cello sounded synthy -- which I was frankly surprised at. I loved the sound of 8Dio's Deep Solo Cello out of everything I've looked at, but this Fluffy Audio cello also sounded really nice to my ears and it's on sale cheap ($50). I just don't know anyone who has bought anything from the developer and would love feedback on the quality of the libraries, the scripting, etc.  I'm careful before diving in to buy from a sample developer I don't know much about. I mean, I've seen his site for a couple of years, but don't know anyone who's bought his libraries. 

17 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have the cello, and it's quite good. But I don't have the Tina Guo. I do not have the other cello instruments for comparison. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have the Tino Broz and Tina Guo.   

I got the Fluffy cello as part of a deal from VSTBuzz or APD that also included their flute. So I didn't set out to buy it in the way I did Tina Guo, and my favorite, Bohemian Cello. 

I just played the three of them and I would say that the Fluffy cello is worth $49.  It's really nice.  It's not on the level of the other two, but if price is an issue, you'll be happy with it.  And you can get an update to the other members of the trio, if you like it.

In terms of tone, the difference between the Fluffy and Tina Guo is staggering.  The Tina Guo is so lush and beautiful and inspiring.  It's a classic, that's for sure.  The problem is that it is only a legato.  It doesn't have any other articulations.  IMO it is hard to play it fast, although some disagree. They sampled a lot less notes than all other sampled cellos, so everybody finds themselves reaching for a note that's not there . A cello can easily play it, but not Tina Guo Legato. But if you write something for it, according to what it can do, it's amazing.

The sale on Bohemian Violin and Cello to me are one of the best deals of this year's BF. at  $149.  They are selling at the lowest price ever--lower than I paid in 2016 and 2017, when they were introduced, and include a free update to Version 4, which comes out in December and will sell at $249.

The Virharmonic Bohemian instruments are exactly like Scaler in the sense that they pile on features as free updates. You get these free updates that take the instrument to a whole new level.

The idea of the series is very simple.  They call them performers.  The way the musician played is incorporated into the scripting.  You just play the piano like a piano and don't worry about trying to make it sound like a string instrument.  It does all the work for you.  Like magic.  Based on how fast you play it changes the bow movements and other aspects of the playing to make it lifellike.  You can choose a number of different playing styles.  I would assume that Ver4 of the cello will have more styles. 

So I would say that if you could swing the $149 for the Bohemian Cello, that's something you will be happy with forever.  You'll never need anything else.  There is a certain degree of faith in this purchase in that you are buying something that is going to be tremendously better in a few weeks. But it's already great.

If what you are going to do works with the sound of Tina Guo, you'll be super happy with that.  If you like the demos, that's what you'll get.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1

The Fluffy Cello is set up in the same way as the Fluffy Woodwinds, and I have all of them.  They really make nice solo instruments.  Nobody does them quite the way they do.  Extremely playable and very easy to customize.   The cello has some presets--different kinds of reverb settings, etc.  That's not too common. 

You get visual feedback while you're playing.  You can adjust the legato with a visual display. 

So it's not just some little thing with no features.  It's made with loving care by people who love music.  And it really sounds good.

We are lucky that so many nice products like these are around at every price point.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The Fluffy Cello is set up in the same way as the Fluffy Woodwinds, and I have all of them.  They really make nice solo instruments.  Nobody does them quite the way they do.  Extremely playable and very easy to customize.   The cello has some presets--different kinds of reverb settings, etc.  That's not too common. 

You get visual feedback while you're playing.  You can adjust the legato with a visual display. 

So it's not just some little thing with no features.  It's made with loving care by people who love music.  And it really sounds good.

We are lucky that so many nice products like these are around at every price point.

Since you have so many of their stuff what are your absolute favorites of what they have, especially in the woodwinds? 

Edited by Christian Jones

Okay, now the solo cello I was looking at, 8Dio's Deep Solo Cello just went on sale too. Does anyone have that one that could compare it to Fluffy Audio's cello in terms of playability? I have a number of 8Dio libraries, including Intimate Strings, and while I like the tone, I don't think KONTAKT scripting is 8Dio's strong suit. @Reid Rosefelt, I realize that you already mentioned two other libraries you own, but now that I've narrowed down my choices to either Fluffy Audio's cello or 8Dio's, I was wondering if you had any insights? I like the way they both sound, so playability is a strong differentiator -- and while you shared that you thought Fluffy Audio did well in that regard.