CA2a vs PC2 Is there a difference?

Keni

I seem to remember this fab plugin being renamed at some point. I don’t remember why...

More important (maybe not at all) is... Is there a difference? Something I’m not noticing (besides the name)?

Sheesh, my org mem is leaky.........

oops. I should gave posted this in Instruments & Effects. Moderator?

Edited by Keni

Yes. I'm thinking years back I purchased the CA2A for about $100 as an "add on" plugin/module from the SONAR Store, & it compares very favorably to my vintage Teletronix LA2A hardware. More so, because the LA2A is OLD & requires a good deal of maintenance or it gets quirky and or bitchy, & I can only use the Teletronix on one "MONO" track at a time, and that's kind of a PITA all in itself.  But being software plugins, they run "in" CbB & processed "thru" my glitch free Focusrite 18i20 audio interface I don't have to worry about all the vintage ( which in reality, is just a 7 letter word for OLD) hardware glitches and I can run as MANY instances of the CA2A's or PC2A's on as many tracks as I want in either 'mono' or "stereo", and even use it as a stereo buss compressor.

HowEVER! Do keep in mind that your DAW and FX plugins you use are only as good as the hardware you are running them on. 🤔

The Cakewalk CA2A can also be used as a standard VST plugin so it can be used in any other DAW that supports VST's.

I'm not sure if you can do that with the Bandlab PC2A, but it works the same as a ProChannel module and it is now FREE! 👍👍

Ain't technology GRAND? 💯

3 hours ago, scook said:

CA2A has a sidechain input. It came in ProChannel, VST2/3 and AAX formats for Windows and AU, AAX and VST3 for Mac OS X.

The PC2A is a ProChannel module and does not have a sidechain input.

Thanks scook!

That nailed it.

...it all comes back to me. 

3 hours ago, Steev said:

Yes. I'm thinking years back I purchased the CA2A for about $100 as an "add on" plugin/module from the SONAR Store, & it compares very favorably to my vintage Teletronix LA2A hardware. More so, because the LA2A is OLD & requires a good deal of maintenance or it gets quirky and or bitchy, & I can only use the Teletronix on one "MONO" track at a time, and that's kind of a PITA all in itself.  But being software plugins, they run "in" CbB & processed "thru" my glitch free Focusrite 18i20 audio interface I don't have to worry about all the vintage ( which in reality, is just a 7 letter word for OLD) hardware glitches and I can run as MANY instances of the CA2A's or PC2A's on as many tracks as I want in either 'mono' or "stereo", and even use it as a stereo buss compressor.

HowEVER! Do keep in mind that your DAW and FX plugins you use are only as good as the hardware you are running them on. 🤔

The Cakewalk CA2A can also be used as a standard VST plugin so it can be used in any other DAW that supports VST's.

I'm not sure if you can do that with the Bandlab PC2A, but it works the same as a ProChannel module and it is now FREE! 👍👍

Ain't technology GRAND? 💯

Thanks Steev...

Yes, I too love it and use it regularly. I no longer have access to the hardware as I did in the past, but the Cake versions yield the kind of result I expect when reaching for an la2a. I bought it back then too and was very pleased the other day to help a friend knowing he had one from Bandlab to use.