Scaler 2.5 update (free for existing users)

Brian Walton

Scaler just keeps getting better. Excellent bang for the buck.

Check out 41 Fingers YouTube channel for some excellent videos using multiple instances of Scaler and reMIDI together to create his orchestral template. He's now working on RTS, his Real Time Sketching template. Lots to learn from him!

41 Fingers YouTube channel

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 2

On 11/17/2021 at 2:47 PM, fret_man said:

This is on my "to buy" list once it goes on sale (again). I keep checking your Frog's BF listings.

Demo it first if you are a CW user. Still buggy for me ( inc v2.5).

Edited by paulo

8 minutes ago, pbognar said:

Toward the end of the video, Davide says something about this version being culmination of features for v 2.x.  I have to believe after this, the next will be a paid version 3.  They put a heck of a lot in 2.x.

If the next one is a paid version, I will gladly pay to support continued development.

Not only is the feature set great, but it's so easy to use.  It's obvious that a lot of thought went into the design.

• Like 4

For those who may not know-

- INFO to download the latest version of Scaler 2.5 HERE These instructions are for an earlier version but still apply.

One thing I almost missed was to select the windows icon since the default here was Mac.

The acoustic guitar samples make this a heavier program at 913mb zipped. Probably well worth it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, locrian said:

If the next one is a paid version, I will gladly pay to support continued development.

Not only is the feature set great, but it's so easy to use.  It's obvious that a lot of thought went into the design.

Based on the video outro, I think that is what we can expect.  Hopefully it will be as reasonable as the last upgrade from 1 to 2.0

New Guitar stuff is cool, but I think not having a clean, non-amped electric (i.e. a DI) option is a missed opportunity.  

I haven't fully tested this update yet, but while Scaler is my favorite single plugin, stability has long been a weakness which I hope they contine to address.  One of the few plugins that seems to be in my projects when Cakewalk crashes.

3 hours ago, fret_man said:

This is on my "to buy" list once it goes on sale (again). I keep checking your Frog's BF listings.

Based on the listed sale dates, I'd honestly expect this to be "it" for BF.

Which at $49 is worth it, and I would't say that about many plugins.

image.thumb.png.64721d06f810254b260591f48d989f6b.png

24 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The only question I would have for new buyers would be if there will be a grace period when Scaler 3 comes.

But Scaler 2.5 is a bargain at $49.  It is such a deep compositional tool.  It can keep you busy for a long time. 

I'm betting there will be, but with this one just dropping I'd say we are a number of months away from a 3.0 kind of update, and last time we all did this from v1 to v2.  v1 was on sale and then v2 had a reduced buy in price that combined with the previous sale was as good or better than anyone buying in for the first time.  If the trend continues, I'd expect Scaler 3 to be more than $50-60 as a list price and the scale just moves up for what the product costs.  As such I expect Scaler 3 to have a decent upgrade path which they will put on sale at time of release.  

Scaler hasn't operated with a Toontrack kind of model thats for sure.

15 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

A cheeky question: if someone were to get the upgrade version without owning Scaler 1, would it still install? (Not that I would condone that kind of behaviour)

You can't purchase the upgrade if you don't own Scaler 1.

• Thanks 1