Native Instruments Cyber Sale!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Something must be happening at NI. 

Too many K13 deals lately. 

Not that good a deal though.....not long ago it was 50% off.

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Maybe K14 will see the light of day sooner than later. And include iZotope gizmos. 

That would be nice as it would mean less time to wait for the 50% off sale for that.  :)

There are basically 2 main types of yearly sales, not including the nks update sales done with developers. These are the  komplete update specific sales for previous komplete owners which was earlier this year which is where I updated to KU13 for $199. Then there is the 50% off everything which is this current sale. Usually it makes sense to just wait til the next version of komplete and the update sale to get the latest but sometimes there is something you want right away, that you can sell later when you decide to update. Since Electric Vintage is not in KU13, I'm going to get it now and sell it when KU14 comes out after upgrading.. 

I don't understand NI's thinking. 50% off everything except KOMPLETE itself. It's great that they have a sale on the update/upgrades - though not a full 50% - but never (as far as I've seen) on the getting the product to begin with.

I'd think they'd really like to have another Upgrade Cow they could milk for annual updates, but at $599/$1199/$1599 to get on the train in the first place (he said, switching metaphors midstream), that ain't ever going to happen.

iZotope, they understand how to rope 'em in. I won a free copy of Breaktweaker years ago from SonicState. But because I 'bought' one of their products, they gave me the too-good-to-pass-up pricing on one of their bundles, and I've thrown many hundreds of dollars at them augmenting and updating that bundle since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Bradley said:

I don't understand NI's thinking. 50% off everything except KOMPLETE itself. It's great that they have a sale on the update/upgrades - though not a full 50% - but never (as far as I've seen) on the getting the product to begin with.

I'd think they'd really like to have another Upgrade Cow they could milk for annual updates, but at $599/$1199/$1599 to get on the train in the first place (he said, switching metaphors midstream), that ain't ever going to happen.

iZotope, they understand how to rope 'em in. I won a free copy of Breaktweaker years ago from SonicState. But because I 'bought' one of their products, they gave me the too-good-to-pass-up pricing on one of their bundles, and I've thrown many hundreds of dollars at them augmenting and updating that bundle since.

There used to be a way by getting a qualifying cross grade product (there were some free ones) and then crossgrade to komplete for around $250 from there but that seems to not be an option anymore. I suppose it changed when they introduced Komplete Select. I think there may still be a deal on select ($99) and from there you can upgrade. If you do this the best thing to do is wait to upgrade til the next big upgrade sale.

So I was looking at upgrading my Pharlight/Straylight to the trilogy (includes Ashlight), and when I log in, it says I don't have any qualifying products to get it at the upgrade price (which is still way too high at $149). I sent NI a note about it. But this is kind of irritating, because if I wasn't a registered user of those products, how am I able to use the full versions and see them installed on Native Access? (I have Komplete 13 Ultimate). Weird.

2 hours ago, Dave Maffris said:

So I was looking at upgrading my Pharlight/Straylight to the trilogy (includes Ashlight), and when I log in, it says I don't have any qualifying products to get it at the upgrade price (which is still way too high at $149). I sent NI a note about it. But this is kind of irritating, because if I wasn't a registered user of those products, how am I able to use the full versions and see them installed on Native Access? (I have Komplete 13 Ultimate). Weird.

Did you have upgrade selected instead of Full version?

I have to ask.

5 hours ago, jesse g said:

Did you have upgrade selected instead of Full version?

I have to ask.

Yes--well, at first it took me to the regular version (priced at $199), I switched the drop down to "upgrade" and then get the message that I'm supposedly not registered as owning the two products that I definitely own )and paid for). Very annoying, but frankly I think even the upgrade price is a bit too high--I already own two of three of them, so $149 for the 3rd one seems ridiculous. Just sayin'