Cakewalk not changing sample rates

Hi, I've been in a situation where I'm working on projects that have different sample rates. I use UAD Apollos as my sound interface. Cakewalk seems to have a problem switching to different sample rates. I've gone to the UAD forum about it and the folks there say, as long as you switch the sample rate in the UAD software first, everything will switch to the correct rate.

Cakewalk though, is inconsistent with this, even after switching sample rates in the UAD (AND windows sound properties) cakewalk often is playing slow and is sending a message to the UAD to switch to the wrong sample rate. I open a 92 kHz file and it's playing super-slow, the UAD gets switched to 44.1 or 48 and I have to go back and forth and change it a bunch of times before Cakewalk kicks in and realizes the correct rate.

When I play different sound files with different sample rates outside in Windows, the UAD follows along and plays the correct rate. Also, when I open another program or DAW it seems to do the same.

It seems Cakewalk has some difficulty sending sample rate messages.

Any advice here?

Thanks 

I think it's up to the audio driver to sense the sample rate.

When you import or drag-and-drop a clip into CbB, it converts the clips original sample rate to match the project's sample rate. So all samples/clips are the same sample rate.

IOW,  there is only one sample rate per- project.

HTH

18 hours ago, Grem said:

IOW,  there is only one sample rate per- project.

+

Can be a combined with:

* Cakewalk traditionally "likes" the interface is set to the project sample rate. But that rate is fixed only after you have some audio in the project.

* Cakewalk traditionally is not the best in enforcing own requirements to the interface

* (any) interface is locked to one particular frequency at any time, when several applications running in parallel want different rates, there is no common rules what should happened.

Other software can be flexible in that domain, silently "on the fly" recoding audio before sending it to the interface. So that is not an indication something is wrong with Cakewalk.

Tip: when manipulating sample rate or other interface parameters outside Cakewalk, stop Audio Engine in Cakewalk (opening preferences is doing that automatically) and do not forget match preferences to the changed settings before enabling the engine.

• Like 1