Project load time in CbB slower than SPlat?

micv

I posted similar observation in the old Sonar forum, but just found out about this new forum.  It's New Year so in with the new.😊

I did a comparison of open the exact same projects and CbB consistently took 2 to 3 times longer than SPlat.  As if SPlat loads from cache and CbB loads from disk.  The projects typically have a couple VST instruments and Drums and a couple dozen plug-ins or so. 

Anyone experiencing this and is there a setting somewhere to bypass that lower right corner pop-up (loading ...), perhaps that where the issue is.

At the second update of CbB I noticed a big jump in speed of starting the program and loading projects between it and the first version that shipped (which was the most SPlat-like). However, at some point, the start and load times did seem to get longer. Haven't had a chance to benchmark due to not keeping old versions of CbB.

Eureka!  Disable Window Defender and not display the load dialog doesn't have any affect.  However, I noticed that the CbB process was set to compatibility mode Window7.  Uncheck this in the process properties and the load time is now compatible to SPlat.

CbB should be way faster loading projects than Platinum. We've benchmarked it and just last update I made several changes to improve load time. A huge project that used to literally take an hour to load now loads in just over a minute.

If you have a demonstrable case please upload a project file that exhibits it.