De-authorizing native instruments

Kamikaze

Does anyone know how to de-authorize native instrument sample packs. I'm mainly bothered about my Sample Modelling Brass Library, but I have some smaller ones too. I treid searches but get  contradictory replies and suggestions that don't work. 

I tried moving the libraries, but Native Access just offers a 'Repair' or 'Relocate' option, not an uninstall as one user suggested. 

They are on a laptop I am shutting down, so I just want peace of mind I don't lose the Licenses on the way. 

8 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone know how to de-authorize native instrument sample packs. I'm mainly bothered about my Sample Modelling Brass Library, but I have some smaller ones too. I treid searches but get  contradictory replies and suggestions that don't work. 

I tried moving the libraries, but Native Access just offers a 'Repair' or 'Relocate' option, not an uninstall as one user suggested. 

They are on a laptop I am shutting down, so I just want peace of mind I don't lose the Licenses on the way.

It takes a registry hack on Windows. Just did it this morning on a library that was getting the "Repair" option in Native Access, after I deleted the library content folder for it. This particular library had no Windows uninstaller, which I believe could taken care of the registry. So this is a method of last resort if you can't do an automatic uninstall from Windows.

Now it shows up in the "Not installed" list in Native Access, as it should.

Here is the step by step process:

https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009167093-How-to-remove-a-library-from-Native-Access-Windows-

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

abacab is right - you just need to go into the registry and delete the key

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\<LIBRARY GOES HERE>

If it still shows up, you might want to try looking for any equivalents in the WOW6432Node folder too - that's where 32bit software will write their registry keys to using the same folder structure.

2 hours ago, rsinger said:

I don't know the answer, but based on the above I would try an uninstall from Start -> Settings -> Apps & features and see if that works.

Yes, I would try that first.

In my case, and many others, the uninstaller is not available. When that happens, your only recourse is to delete the library from the Windows registry in two places. That will cause Native Access to place the library back into "uninstalled" status. It will remain there because the serial has been registered to your NI account.

Thanks for the advice guys.  They replied bac saying I can have two machines, and I don't need to de-authorise. But it didn't really answer my question. I've asked what will happen should I get a new laptop for the second license and the first on my new desktop. How does Access know I am not using the old laptop. 

I'm wondering if when I select a new machine, will Access prompt to deactivate one of the other 2 machines. As XLN website does when activating a second machine when 2 are already activated.