<SOLVED> Problem Exporting Using Tags

Hi Folks,

Whenever I try to export a mix using the tag “{trackname},” I always get the name of the first track in the project, never the track I am exporting (which is always the last track). 

If I try to export it using the tag “{clipname},”  I always get the name “. wav”   In both instances, the track and clip names are the same.

I’m attaching a couple of screenshots that show this. I only want track 42 and it is the only one selected and solo'd, with all others being unselected and muted. 

Is anybody else having the same problem?  What am I missing here? 

Thanks,

Bill Saunders

Track Name.PNG

Clip Name.PNG

Edited by William W. Saunders, Jr.

The item circled in yellow is just an example of a file name generated by the entry immediately above it.

Given multiple files may be created on export, no attempt is made to show exactly what file(s) are created by the export process.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, scook said:

The item circled in yellow is just an example of a file name generated by the entry immediately above it.

Given multiple files may be created on export, no attempt is made to show exactly what file(s) are created by the export process.

Got it.  Thanks.  When I saw that I just got frustrated and manually named the track - never bothering to actually try the export until recently.