Arturia Black Friday Sale

cclarry

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Welp... they got me!

47 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I'm leading down the same path 😮

I downloaded the Vox Continental demo last night, and had a lot of retro-music fun with it.  I'm not even a keyboard player!  I'm considering the V-Collection 8 --  it looks like a nice collection for a wide range recording projects.  Hopefully the other instruments in the collection are just as good.  I'm still rationalizing the expenditure!   

• Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Tom B said:

I downloaded the Vox Continental demo last night, and had a lot of retro-music fun with it.  I'm not even a keyboard player!  I'm considering the V-Collection 8 --  it looks like a nice collection for a wide range recording projects.  Hopefully the other instruments in the collection are just as good.  I'm still rationalizing the expenditure!   

Yes, V-Collection 8 certainly is a wide range of useful keyboard instruments, and not just synths! Acoustic and electric pianos, organs, mellotron, clavinet ... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

I have the $69 offer, and that looks like a great deal, but I already have 3 of the FX from FX Collection 2 > Mini Filter, Chorus Jun-6, and Rev PLATE-140. They are good!

But I think that by already having IK T-RackS 5 MAX, the rest of the FX Collection appear to be mostly duplicates for me. I could be mistaken, so open to opinions!

So i bought the V collection because it was on my wishlist. I thought I didn't need the FX collection (als because I got most IK items in the group buy). Buuuuttttt, now they make it €69 to upgrade. Since I dropped a product from my Black Friday wishlist for around that price, I think I HAVE to do it. 20 new (for me) products is € 3,45 a piece.

I will wait however, as there are always other unforseen deals and it seems a lot of these are duplicates of plugins I already own and don't use that much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abacab said:

I have the $69 offer, and that looks like a great deal, but I already have 3 of the FX from FX Collection 2 > Mini Filter, Chorus Jun-6, and Rev PLATE-140. They are good!

But I think that by already having IK T-RackS 5 MAX, the rest of the FX Collection appear to be mostly duplicates for me. I could be mistaken, so open to opinions!

I have the modulation bundle. They are nice plugins, but to be honest, i dont use them enough. IMHO, the Arturia FX sound and work different than IKM. But I agree. now that I have all the IKM Tracks stuff and MixBox, and tend to use that a lot, I am on the fence on this. Are you gonna collect FX cause you use them or cause they are pretty? I find these Arturai FX to be a competitor to maybe Black Rooster?

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Are you gonna collect FX cause you use them or cause they are pretty?

I guess that is where I am at. I think I'm only going to buy stuff that I plan to use, not just because it is available for an all-time low price.

Unless it's free, and the hard drive space isn't an issue! :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

We could all use therapy but it actually cost way more then just buying the plugins!  So what the heck go ahead and spent the $$.  It is way cheaper in the long run :D 

Well if you ever stop buying plugins, maybe you could save up for that keyboard that you want! 😂

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well if you ever stop buying plugins, maybe you could save up for that keyboard that you want! 😂

My problem is I want to try a few and Samash who use to have a nice display of them is getting just as bad as Guitar Center in not stocking them in store.  

But you are right I was going to get one last month but then I ponied up $$ for Kontakt 6 😆