Arturia Black Friday Sale

cclarry

I have resisted upgrading my V Collection since 2016,  but they've got me this year for $99.   That was on my list if they had this price.

But their FX Collection  was not on my list because I already have more reverbs, compressors, etc. than I can use.  But I do admit there are some very unusual plugins ithere that could be fun to play with.  And they all look beautiful. Even if they aren't any better than the ones I own, they look stunning.  Good artist.  

My memory is that it was $99 for me to get the original set and now it is $69 to get version 2 which has more stuff.  Hmmmm....

This is definitely GAS at work.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jackson white said:

At least a couple of their originals keep getting a look here. Their replicants also seem to be good and offer useful ITB enhancements over the original designs, similar to the Overloud Gems series. 

I couldn't agree more. 

This is a minority opinion, but I like Arturia more when they invent, as with Pigments, my favorite synth they do, then when they try to do a CS-80 or whatever.

And some of those plugins, like Delay ETERNITY and Rev INTENSITY, intrigue me.  With those and stuff like the Dimension D and JUNO-6 Chorus might seal the deal for me. for the 70 bucks.

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Is the V8 collection eco-system worth investing in?

If you don't have any V Collection yet, that's a definite yes! :)

If you have an older version, you will need to ask yourself if upgrading is worth it for the new instruments.

36 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I couldn't agree more. 

This is a minority opinion, but I like Arturia more when they invent, as with Pigments, my favorite synth they do, then when they try to do a CS-80 or whatever.

And some of those plugins, like Delay ETERNITY and Rev INTENSITY, intrigue me.  With those and stuff like the Dimension D and JUNO-6 Chorus might seal the deal for me. for the 70 bucks.

I have FX Collection 1 secondhand, and Intensity was worth the price alone.  They really are beautiful, but work well, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Any comments on V8 enhancements over V7? Worth the upgrade?

I didn't have V7, only Analog Lab V, but the additions to V8 instruments might make an upgrade worthwhile!

• Jun-6 V
  • Emulator II V
  • Vocoder V
  • OB-Xa V
  • Jup-8 V 4
  • Stage-73 V 2
  • Analog Lab V

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview#en

Every new instrument in V Collection 8 has had its workflow upgraded. Enjoy 4 new control macros, a smart new browser, step-by-step integrated tutorials, and a fresh selection of sounds for the ultimate streamlined creative process.

Seeing all of these awesome icons on my desktop gives me a warm happy feeling. Until I ask myself, "which one today?" 🤣

My solution: Just open Analog Lab V and look for an inspiring sound. Then launch the full synth UI when you have something you want to tweak...

Arturia V-Collection 8.JPG

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Blimey.  I added about 100+ amps and FX during the IK GB, but the $69 FX2 crossgrade offer is going to reel in 22 more.  I didn't expect that offer since I don't own any Arturia FX currently (I did just get V8 in September though).

Edited by Brian Lawler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Rev INTENSITY, ... Dimension D

These are two, haven't had much chance to dig into their delay yet (Valhalla is just dead simple).

Finding the routing flexibility of Bus Force in a single UI to be a productivity boon for roughing out the vibe for a side. Some good ideas with this team.