Arturia Black Friday Sale

cclarry

4 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I think he is referring to transferring of the old license after an upgrade

image.png.3c6ed5ab74b7022d4f82ed7a8c1fdf16.png

OK, but I believe that NFR restrictions for upgrades and crossgrades are reasonable... i.e. the existing license has been continued into the discounted price for the next version. So your old license for the original version in now part of your current license. Why should you be able to sell that?

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I believe that is a fairly common software industry practice. No surprises here...

I agree that if one benefits from upgrade pricing, that there should be no expectation of un-linking the previous product that the upgrade price was based upon. As it should be, and totally fair to the software publisher. You are free to disagree, but it is what it is. 😉

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, abacab said:

I believe that is a fairly common software industry practice. No surprises here...

I agree that if one benefits from upgrade pricing, that there should be no expectation of un-linking the previous product that the upgrade price was based upon. As it should be, and totally fair to the software publisher. You are free to disagree, but it is what it is. 😉

ok mayb I’m new to this industry practice but don’t understand it.

There is actually no benefit.. imo 

newly owned price during Black Friday or any other discounted days comes to same as when we keep upgrading. Infact even lesser. 

Example over the years how I upgraded - 

arp2600 - v collection 4 - v7- v8 

40-65-99-149 $ - total 353$

Today new customers get v8 for 249$ 

So eventually will end up paying more for than new customers , at some point old version has to be sold to make it equal. I’m glad the bug existed and got rid of arp2600 and v4. 

3 hours ago, Jigar Shah said:

So eventually will end up paying more for than new customers 

Were your original purchases and upgrades done at Black Friday prices? Though I do agree, the upgrade path could be cheaper.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:31 AM, Jigar Shah said:

ok mayb I’m new to this industry practice but don’t understand it.

There is actually no benefit.. imo 

newly owned price during Black Friday or any other discounted days comes to same as when we keep upgrading. Infact even lesser. 

So eventually will end up paying more for than new customers , at some point old version has to be sold to make it equal. I’m glad the bug existed and got rid of arp2600 and v4. 

You can't sell the software without a license, so if you decide to sell the software you must include your license and the updates you bought with it. You actually don't own the software, what you own is the license. It's like that for all software not just music. 

Edited by boxed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1