Arturia Black Friday Sale

cclarry

10 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

@abacab   LOL as I have been actually looking at them or the cheaper version as my next keyboard purchase.

Don't bother with the cheaper Arturia Keylab Essential. No aftertouch there, so that was a deal breaker for me on a controller. Also @ZincThad a bad experience with one of those models. He ended up exchanging it for a different brand after exhausting repair options. I'm sure they are probably not all lemons, but his sure was.

I went for the Keylab 61 MkII earlier this year. Had to back order the 61 Mk11 for 2 months, as it was out of stock everywhere. But seriously, the build quality in the Mk11 is outstanding. Metal chassis, and the same keybed used on one of their MatrixBrute hardware synths. This thing is heavy! Reminiscent of my old Korg, Roland, and Alesis romplers. :)

I have a few other cheap plastic controller keyboards that I feel no particular love for,  so I wanted to splurge on something solid! Highly recommended! And the dedicated integration with Analog Lab is a bonus.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

the same keybed used on one of their MatrixBrute hardware synths

In a money no object setting I would buy that synth just to have it in the room looking cool. I have no need for it and no idea if it's any good, but it looks like something that somebody who knew what they were doing would have.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, paulo said:

In a money no object setting I would buy that synth just to have it in the room looking cool. I have no need for it and no idea if it's any good, but it looks like something that somebody who knew what they were doing would have.

A $2,500 studio ornament. 🤣

Better off with a couple lava lamps...

On 11/20/2021 at 7:31 PM, abacab said:

Don't bother with the cheaper Arturia Keylab Essential. No aftertouch there, so that was a deal breaker for me on a controller. Also @ZincThad a bad experience with one of those models. He ended up exchanging it for a different brand after exhausting repair options. I'm sure they are probably not all lemons, but his sure was.

I went for the Keylab 61 MkII earlier this year. Had to back order the 61 Mk11 for 2 months, as it was out of stock everywhere. But seriously, the build quality in the Mk11 is outstanding. Metal chassis, and the same keybed used on one of their MatrixBrute hardware synths. This thing is heavy! Reminiscent of my old Korg, Roland, and Alesis romplers. :)

I have a few other cheap plastic controller keyboards that I feel no particular love for,  so I wanted to splurge on something solid! Highly recommended! And the dedicated integration with Analog Lab is a bonus.

@InstrEd I had a Keylab Essential 49 which started triggering note events randomly on one of its keys. I returned it to the shop where I bought it (Gear4Music) and they sent it back to Arturia. I then received it back from Arturia supposedly "fixed" but the problem was still there. That made me lose confidence in Arturia because if they can't fix their own keyboard then who can? Also, it smacks of a lack of quality control i.e. checking that the fault had actually been fixed before returning it to a customer? 

So I got Gear4music to replace it with an M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 which has been fine and I actually prefer the keybed to the Arturia (it also has aftertouch if that makes any difference). 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jigar Shah said:

Had v collection 4 for 69.. 

upgraded to 7 for 99.. 

upgraded to 8 plus 2 preset packs for 149..

had keystep since last few years,. 
now it gives me full v8 for 149 crossgrade from keystep.. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Also know that I sold v collection 4 .. I was lucky.. they don’t allow license transfer anymore.. same applies to fx collection 2.. this was my last upgrade ever. 

• Meh 1

Just now, Jigar Shah said:

Also hello to all.. I’ve been a follower of this forum for long  time..  decided to start replying and participate in discussions now.. thanks to clarry for all the hard work ! 🙏❤️

Glad to have you Jigar!  

• Like 1