I Don't Remember a Sales Season as Crazy as This

Reid Rosefelt

Thanx Reid!  Not hardly a god...nothing close...
but I put in a LOT of work....way more than most realize...
I start at 5 am...and go all day long trying to keep track of
all of these sales, and trying not to double post, and trying
to make sure that I've put the requested "disclaimers" i.e...
Full Kontakt, iLok, eLicenser...etc...in the posts...it's takes a lot
of time and effort...despite what some people think!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 39

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

You have my respect.  And I know everybody else's too. 

Maybe I'm getting older, but I don't remember it getting this crazy until next Monday. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

You have my respect.  And I know everybody else's too. 

Maybe I'm getting older, but I don't remember it getting this crazy until next Monday. 

You're right...they started early this year....that's for sure!
I'm 62, so no spring chicken by any means either

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Of course your not a god! Who would ever think that!

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

On second thought...

😉

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

One important lesson in life: Concentrate on those that appreciate you, the others are not worth your time!

I just made that up, but feels its appropriate! 😊

I KNOW for a FACT that I'm appreciated here - and that's why I do what I do!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Gotta admit I kinda miss the excitement of Thanksgiving morning thinking of what may be in Black Friday sales. All this Early BF thing I am not a fan of. I notice all the stores are jumping on this early thing, not a fan. I also miss the Best Buy ad I used to get with my newspaper. Call me Old Fashioned :)

Edited by Mark Stow
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Mark Stow said:

Gotta admit I kinda miss the excitement of Thanksgiving morning thinking of what may be in Black Friday sales. All this Early BF thing I am not a fan of. I notice all the stores are jumping on this early thing, not a fan. I also miss the Best Buy ad I used to get with my newspaper. Call me Old Fashioned :)

It's probably a combination of things - if all the sales hit at once:

• it's difficult for the consumer as they'd blow a crater in their wallets over the course of a few days, rather than spread them out over a month
  • it's difficult for the web shop as they might accidentally get DDoS'ed from people wanting to buy something, e.g. think about what happens during limited 500-serial giveaways; or even when a new version of Komplete comes out
  • it's probably a tactical move from the developers - if your sale is out there first, there's more chance that someone with that on their list will buy over another product on their list that isn't on sale yet.

49 minutes ago, antler said:

It's probably a combination of things - if all the sales hit at once:

• it's difficult for the consumer as they'd blow a crater in their wallets over the course of a few days, rather than spread them out over a month
  • it's difficult for the web shop as they might accidentally get DDoS'ed from people wanting to buy something, e.g. think about what happens during limited 500-serial giveaways; or even when a new version of Komplete comes out
  • it's probably a tactical move from the developers - if your sale is out there first, there's more chance that someone with that on their list will buy over another product on their list that isn't on sale yet.

That last one is something I had been discussing with quite a few developers over the past 6 years and now I feel like it's biting us in the ***** a bit. Some of them were complaining about not making as much money as they thought they should during the holiday season and the reason based on the metrics I was collecting was that everything was hitting at one time and/or people were waiting on the "big stuff" so by the time the smaller companies got their sales out, everyone's money had been spent. My advice was to release earlier in the month to compete with that. Now I'm finding a few of those companies I spoke with are releasing their black friday sales as far back as the third week in October.

Sorry, I guess? 😕

• Like 1