Bring it Back

jf

Very bad idea having to mess about with track layout to edit audio/midi/tempo.

Bring back separate audio editing window.      (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back the separate tempo window.            (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back the separate midi/staff window.     (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back all the tools and options to the top of track window,  why have you put them all over the place taking up more screen space.

Please.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, jf said:

Very bad idea having to mess about with track layout to edit audio/midi/tempo.

Bring back separate audio editing window.      (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back the separate tempo window.            (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back the separate midi/staff window.     (as in cakewalk pro audio 9,  including  the simple to use  editing tools )

Bring back all the tools and options to the top of track window,  why have you put them all over the place taking up more screen space.

Please.

I'll take a wild guess and suggest setting Workspaces to None then check for the missing Views again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, jf said:

There are plenty of tools and options that don't have anything to do with Track View, so each view gets its own menu that pertains to the view. This makes it easier to find the tools that affect the view I'm working in. I've got the Console open on my second monitor, I don't have to go back over to the main window to change console settings.

I advocate for having the Main Menu contain only things that pertain to the entire project and move the Track View specific ones down to the Track View menu, kind of the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Overall, rather than asking to have the program features reverted to Pro Studio 9, I'd suggest asking how to get the current tools to work similarly. Cakewalk as it is now is a hugely configurable monster.