Wojtek Stecyszyn

Will M-audio projectMIX work with Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Hi

I know that M-audio projectMIX was compatible with old Sonar. I have one, but before I buy needed firewire cable I want to be sure that it will work also with Cakewalk. Anyone tried it?

Hi!!! i´m on the same path... are you using mac or pc?   what version of Operating system you have? did you install any driver?  hope you can help thanks in advance

Hi.

Pc Win7 

My friend had this MAudio console connected to his mac as well.

Driver - FireWire installer 6.0.4  Driver ( from net)

Good luck!

On 11/15/2021 at 6:16 AM, Wojtek Stecyszyn said:

Hi

I know that M-audio projectMIX was compatible with old Sonar. I have one, but before I buy needed firewire cable I want to be sure that it will work also with Cakewalk. Anyone tried it?

I have been using the ProjectMix since 2004 on all consequent versions of Sonar through CbB without any problems. Make sure that your FW card/port is driven by a Texas Instruments chipset. I am using the old Windows Vista driver 5.10.0.5061 (seems to be the most stable on my rig) and have only one caveat: occasionally CbB will lock up/freeze/crash (for reasons that are too numerous to detail here, I've tracked all of them!) and stay hung in the RAM as shown in Task Manager, and won't quit.
I have determined that it is a hang in the driver, but there are a couple of solutions that consistently work for me;

1. Use RamMap to flush the Standby set and the Working sets.
or
2. Power cycle the ProjectMix (which is on 24/7 in my studio) and the app hang disappears.
or
3. Go get a cupper and wait for exactly 7 minutes for it to flush by itself.
or
4. Warm reboot the computer.

Just warning you that there will be the occasional, albeit rare, hang, and trust me... there is nothing else that can be done with the driver, unless someone wants to waste the time writing a new one. In which case, it would be cool if they would re-implement the MIDI Control Surface API for it too. (LIke THAT will ever happen!)