Setting different tempo to different parts of a song

Tony p

It used to be that when I changed the tempo in the control bar, the tempo for the entire project would change. Lately it seems I'm only affecting certain areas. What is it exactly that I changed for this to be happening? I checked in preferences, nothing obvious. I've also selected all and  then changed tempo, same results.

Thank you

Setting the tempo from the control bar inserts a tempo change  at the current "now time". That may be why it seems like you are changing tempos only for certain areas. You can view and edit/delete all the tempo changes in the Tempo Map view as Cactus Music guy says.

22 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Open the Tempo Map view,  Alt-shift 5   Or from the Views dropdown,  it is one of the Multi docks,

Didnt even have an idea that this existed. This is great! Thank you

10 hours ago, bvideo said:

Setting the tempo from the control bar inserts a tempo change  at the current "now time". That may be why it seems like you are changing tempos only for certain areas. You can view and edit/delete all the tempo changes in the Tempo Map view as Cactus Music guy says.

Thank you. Do you know of a keyboard shortcut to change tempo for entire project?

If there is only one tempo listed in the tempo map, then changing the tempo in the widget is global for the whole song.  But if the tempo map has any more than one tempo in the list it will override the widget. You simply delete all but the desired tempo from the list. 

8 hours ago, Tony p said:

A few. Trying my hand at using samples.

If those audio sample aren't groove clips they wont hold tempo information and wont follow project.

My advise is to mute any audio tracks, if your problem is solved than you've found your problem.

21 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

If there is only one tempo listed in the tempo map, then changing the tempo in the widget is global for the whole song.  But if the tempo map has any more than one tempo in the list it will override the widget. You simply delete all but the desired tempo from the list. 

Got you. Thank you Cactus

14 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

If those audio sample aren't groove clips they wont hold tempo information and wont follow project.

My advise is to mute any audio tracks, if your problem is solved than you've found your problem.

Its fixed now with the Tempo Map. I'll change bpm before I load samples the next time, see if that fixes it. Thank you