Editing in the Event List

David Kaye

Question

11 answers to this question

Thanks for replying but I don't necessarily want to change the channel of all the notes and/or events just a selection of them rather than one at a time. I am crossing over from an old cubase system which can do this by using the alt key. What I'm not wanting to do  is input via external keyboard but simply edit notes in the editor. As far as I am concerned there ought to be some way of selecting a number of notes in a single track in the editor and quickly change the channel that an external device responds to for those notes.{Sorry about the lengthy reply but I'd rather not rehash the same arguments as the original discussion} 

To repeat, the Event Inspector module operates on any selected MIDI notes.

Select the notes in the Event List, Piano Roll, Staff, Track view and change them in the Event Inspector.

The Event List view uses click, SHIFT+click and CTRL+click in the left column to create the selection.

The rest of the views have other methods of selecting notes.

Thanks for this. It is an old Cubase, but the old method to me seems quicker than presumably copying the notes, putting them in a new midi track and then changing the values. The answer to my particular question then is that 'no you can't change several event channel number's at once in a single track in the Event List editor? (Unless someone else knows that you can)? Though I will experiment with the suggestions offered. Thanks.

I would argue that a new workflow once learned is going to be much quicker and easier

Select the section of notes and holding shift drag to blank space of clips pane

This Inserts a new midi track 

Set the output to the instrument 

Enter the channel, bank and patch in the dialogue boxes 

That just took me 30 seconds 

giphy.gif

Edited by John Vere

Hi, using the event inspector (top right on the tool bar) you can assign midi channels to individual clips within the same track. This is really useful in conjunction with the articulation map when you’re writing strings or brass parts with something like east west pop brass etc.

• Like 1