Grayed out stuff

jkoseattle

Question

Seems to me that a pretty frequent cause of frustration in CW has to do with something being grayed out that is normally available, and we have no clue as to why. A grayed out option is like a locked door with no sign on it saying why it's locked. Terrible user experience.

How about instead of graying out options, put them in parentheses to let the user know the option is not available, but they can still click on it, and when they do, they get an error message telling them WHY that option is unavailable.

Tall ask I know, but throwing that out there.

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, jkoseattle said:

Seems to me that a pretty frequent cause of frustration in CW has to do with something being grayed out that is normally available, and we have no clue as to why. A grayed out option is like a locked door with no sign on it saying why it's locked. Terrible user experience.

How about instead of graying out options, put them in parentheses to let the user know the option is not available, but they can still click on it, and when they do, they get an error message telling them WHY that option is unavailable.

Tall ask I know, but throwing that out there.

Maybe put in a feature request here.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/