Soul To Soul Bomp Bomp Chop

jack c.

I could hear a little Robin Trower influence in the vocals? Or maybe Fred Frith?  I could hear a full stop gospel choir in call-and-response. Very cool groove all the way through. I agree there's more meat to hang on these fine bones somehow. All set for it.

Mix wise it sounds like you have added an eq bump for air, to the hi-hats/cymbals, and it might be worth pulling it back a bit. ?

Very solid groove, sir.

13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

You're really prolific. Are these songs you've put aside for a while and now finishing up?

mr. brown inspired.thanks for compliment.for decades i longed to record music so now all of me songs are just written and recorded by what i see,hear,think of,and lots from me life experiences. jack c.

This is a cool groove and melody - the length seems to indicate that it's an album cut - nothing wrong with that.  I liked your vocal on this one.

I agree with what was mentioned above - it could use some changes coming in earlier.

I listened through headphones on my laptop - the volume is really low - not sure what your levels are on mix-down.

Your stuff is always interesting to listen to.