I couple of strange issues

Hello, new to the forum and I figured this may be the best spot for me to ask these questions. 

Question number 1: I can’t drag tracks from one project to another anymore. I used to be able to select a track, and then just drag it into a new project, and it would drop it in no problem. Now, I select the track drag it over, the pointer changes like I can drop it, and then nothing. I tried selecting, copying, and then pasting, and it says the sample rates for the projects aren’t the same. What do I need to change to fix this problem?

Question 2: I had a client come in with a premade beat. Never been a problem before, I just import the file and set up the microphone for him to rap over it. Not this time. This time I import the file and it changed the tempo of the song to match the tempo of the project, I’ve never had this issue before so I was completely unprepared. I eventually had to listen to the original and just guess the tempo until it matched. This was a new project, no existing audio was in it, but it took a song that was 143-144 (not exactly sure) bpm and made it 120bpm.

I figure I have to have something enabled or disabled to be making the projects act this way. Any help would be great. Thanks.