The Faraway Song

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is another track for the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Volume IX".  As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening. On this one, I used the Sonitus Multiband on the drum bus - something I've never tried before. The drums are AD2.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14341848

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, mark skinner said:

Great song Douglas ! I'm  picking up the feel of one of those hard driving Billy Idol songs. I Loved the treatment and timing of the lead guitar.  I don't think I've ever heard a style like that before.  Very original .       Enjoyed it..   mark

Very kind words for you to say Mark - thank you very much.

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

The SG sounds awesome!

👍's

I'm a fan so what more is there for me to say?

t

there is one thing, could/would you share the Amp 5 patch?

ok one last word to you "Don't Change".

couldn't help myself 🙃

Thanks for listening and for your comments Tom - yeah, the SG has a bit of nastiness to it - just right for this song.  The patch in Amplitude is the British Lead S100 with a tube compressor and digital reverb on it. I like Amplitude - sounds great - my only complaint is that it's a bit slow to load, and if I use numerous instances of it in a project, sometimes the project crashes when I try to open it later on. Perhaps I should freeze the Amplitude tracks once I'm done mixing. I don't have this problem with TH-U.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

• Thanks 1