Hard Poppin' Bubba

kakku

I like this one.

I agree with all the comments above... especially the open hi-hat level, and the timing.

As far as the timing goes, I think you might get away with just concentrating on humanising the Shreddage part.

The three things I'd do are:

1. Slightly adjust the timing of power chords. In most cases, I think coming in slightly early would work - but sometimes they want to be slightly late.

2. The gaps between the chords are just a tad too long. Try making the chords last a bit longer - even if it's just some of note in the chord (e.g. the highest note by a very small amount).

3. Experiment with the velocity of the notes within the chords. Think about whether the guitarist is picking down or up, and give the first note picked a slightly higher velocity than the others.

As a user of Shreddage myself, I find bypassing the effects whilst doing this can help. If it sounds like a typical GM MIDI, you've still got work to do... but if it sounds like a guitarist jamming along on his acoustic, or his unplugged electric then you're there.

But a great sounding tune.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I like this one.

I agree with all the comments above... especially the open hi-hat level, and the timing.

As far as the timing goes, I think you might get away with just concentrating on humanising the Shreddage part.

The three things I'd do are:

1. Slightly adjust the timing of power chords. In most cases, I think coming in slightly early would work - but sometimes they want to be slightly late.

2. The gaps between the chords are just a tad too long. Try making the chords last a bit longer - even if it's just some of note in the chord (e.g. the highest note by a very small amount).

3. Experiment with the velocity of the notes within the chords. Think about whether the guitarist is picking down or up, and give the first note picked a slightly higher velocity than the others.

As a user of Shreddage myself, I find bypassing the effects whilst doing this can help. If it sounds like a typical GM MIDI, you've still got work to do... but if it sounds like a guitarist jamming along on his acoustic, or his unplugged electric then you're there.

But a great sounding tune.

Thanks for all the tips. I got a ton of work to do. Believe it or not but i even sent 3 of my best tunes to 3 record companies. I will post them here too as soon as I can. I will have to tell peeps that they are the ones i think are good, otherwise someone will ask me that when will i post the good ones... A lil' joke.... I wish it was a joke. If it was a joke, my wife wouldn't have to beat me up every day so much. I pity her... She says it really hurts her hands when she hits me. And She knows karate and knows how to break a brick wall with her bare hands. When she beats me She uses gloves because i am such a disgusting loser... Her life ain't easy i tell ya... 

Edited by kakku
  • Like 1

I've gotta say (and I know I've said this tonnes of times before on this forum), that there's a fine line in the time takes between getting Shreddage sounding realistic and actually practising the part on a guitar and playing it for real.

I use Shreddage in two specific cases:

1. When I want to get an idea down quickly, and I've not got a guitar to hand (though if it's a simple enough part, I'll probably use U-JAM VG IRON)
  2. When I physically can't play the part (like really fast sweep pick scales). In this case, I record a real guitar for the parts I can play, and comp-in Shreddage. I run both parts through Revalver's ACT engine so they sound more or less like the same guitar.

In every other case, I'll use a real guitar. Even in case 1, I'll usually re-record it with a real guitar later on.

You can literally spend hours trying to get a Shreddage part to sound like a real guitarist... or you can spend that time practising the part.

Of course if you can't play a guitar, or don't have one its a moot point.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, msmcleod said:

I've gotta say (and I know I've said this tonnes of times before on this forum), that there's a fine line in the time takes between getting Shreddage sounding realistic and actually practising the part on a guitar and playing it for real.

I use Shreddage in two specific cases:

1. When I want to get an idea down quickly, and I've not got a guitar to hand (though if it's a simple enough part, I'll probably use U-JAM VG IRON)
  2. When I physically can't play the part (like really fast sweep pick scales). In this case, I record a real guitar for the parts I can play, and comp-in Shreddage. I run both parts through Revalver's ACT engine so they sound more or less like the same guitar.

In every other case, I'll use a real guitar. Even in case 1, I'll usually re-record it with a real guitar later on.

You can literally spend hours trying to get a Shreddage part to sound like a real guitarist... or you can spend that time practising the part.

Of course if you can't play a guitar, or don't have one its a moot point.

I agree. I can play a lil' guitar but the guitar is so small you cannot hear how it goes... 

Edited by kakku
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Too late, I called the police for you, they should be arriving shortly.😳

Thanks but police said that living with my wife is punishment enough

• Like 1

What do you know ----- I finally got it to play.  I'm very glad that I did.  This does have a bit of an '80's feel to it.  Everything is put together very well (e.g., performance, recording , mix, arrangement, etc.) and best of all it is a fun song.  Well done!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, freddy j said:

What do you know ----- I finally got it to play.  I'm very glad that I did.  This does have a bit of an '80's feel to it.  Everything is put together very well (e.g., performance, recording , mix, arrangement, etc.) and best of all it is a fun song.  Well done!!

Thank you

• 2 years later...