Hard Poppin' Bubba

kakku

18 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Does have a poppy quality to it.  I'm hearing something that sounds like a sax in there.  Nice touch.  Is it a real horn? Makes me move my feet.

🙂John B

Thank you. I use only vst instruments

kakku, this is a pleasant surprise.  It has a nice blend of upbeat pop with shred guitar, and the arrangement has a few unexpected turns that held my interest.  IMO, arranging is one of the hardest things to master even if one can make a good mix.  It can be learned, up to a point, but is mostly in-born.  You seem to have the touch because I never know what to expect from you.  Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lynn said:

kakku, this is a pleasant surprise.  It has a nice blend of upbeat pop with shred guitar, and the arrangement has a few unexpected turns that held my interest.  IMO, arranging is one of the hardest things to master even if one can make a good mix.  It can be learned, up to a point, but is mostly in-born.  You seem to have the touch because I never know what to expect from you.  Keep it up!

Thank you for the nice words and analysis

34 minutes ago, freddy j said:

Hi Kakku,

I tried listening (on all the links) but could not get any to play.  The 3 dots just kept winking and blinking but the music would not load.

I'll try again later.

Ok. I just tested and now it seems to work alright. Thanks for trying

Hi kakku ,

I listened to your most recent version.

In away , at least to my ears ,your tune has a retro sound in places that remind me of the band called Mountain .

I happen to Love Mountain ( still listen to them )  In your song the guitar parts have the type of crunch and way of playing chords that reminds me of the phrasing Leslie West would play when he played power chords.

Your song seems to be coming along nicely . my suggestion would be , play around w the arrangement ...flesh it out some

all the best,

Kenny

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Hi kakku ,

I listened to your most recent version.

In away , at least to my ears ,your tune has a retro sound in places that remind me of the band called Mountain .

I happen to Love Mountain ( still listen to them )  In your song the guitar parts have the type of crunch and way of playing chords that reminds me of the phrasing Leslie West would play when he played power chords.

Your song seems to be coming along nicely . my suggestion would be , play around w the arrangement ...flesh it out some

all the best,

Kenny

Thank you for your analysis and listening. I think you mean I should add some licks or similar stuff to it. I agree. I will try to do that. The retro thing is because I Am retro. I like more the 'old' way rock was in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The Mountain band is new to me  i think. Forgot to add that kontakt always crashes when I open it. Luckily i did guitar templates when kontakt did not crash. Using templates I can use the guitar vst but cannot open kontakt or it will crash

Edited by kakku

On 5/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

This song is a rocker with a bit of synthesizer lead to spice it up.  I thought it was a cool song - an interesting listen.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for listening and commenting 

Nice and fun. Nice to know you are retro rawk, plus a bit of Scandanavian 80's synthpop to boot. Its a cool tune.

One crit to track down is maybe that open hi-hat on the left side that pops up JUST AFTER  the "2 and" in many measures. That open hi hat is a ton louder than it needs to be IMHO.

As in, "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and"

Certainly is a breeze to listen to!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Nice and fun. Nice to know you are retro rawk, plus a bit of Scandanavian 80's synthpop to boot. Its a cool tune.

One crit to track down is maybe that open hi-hat on the left side that pops up JUST AFTER  the "2 and" in many measures. That open hi hat is a ton louder than it needs to be IMHO.

As in, "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and"

Certainly is a breeze to listen to!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for commenting and for the tip. I need to check the hi hat thing