Full level, yet mute

AndreV

Hi,

how can that be? Tracks 43 and 46 show full level when the transport bar passed the muted clips (sometimes it's different tracks or buses). All the backing vocals cannot be heard. The BV bus level is 0 although the fader is not down.

506270421_Screenshot2021-11-11222002.thumb.jpg.b71601a32858b84847ab7fa0b6132b1e.jpg

While trying to find the error, I started deleting plugins. Sometimes it worked again (e.g. PC76 or the PC2A Leveler or Izotope Vocaldubbler), but only for a short time.

If I delete the clips that are muted it looks a little different. Then there are short full peeks on the BV tracks when they come in but the Buss remains silent.

What can I do?

Ciao
André

Hi,
the tracks of the backing vocals have no effect at all in the pro channel (only the EQ), but the buss does. It was not enough to switch off the pro-channel in the bus. I actually had to delete the PC76 and PC2A that were on there. Then it worked. I hope it will stay that way.

A bug in the pro channel?

Many thanks for your answer!!!

Ciao
André

I’m not sure then if you are aware that digital clipping is not a desirable outcome for audio. It will happen when you hit 0 db. The hottest you want a track is -1 db because super fast transients might not even be registered by your meter. My target is -8db.  Many would say that is even too hot. 
If you want louder turn up your monitors. 
Any meters showing red means your recording is trashed. 
Tube amp distortion = very  good 

Transistor distortion = OK

Digital distortion = very bad. 

Ya I got the joke, one of my favorite movies. A band I was in once covered Big Bottom.  

But the peak read outs do stay at the highest reading after playback until you re start so I was assuming that something put them up there! 

But what I see is the first 3  clips are greyed out and then the last 4 are coloured.  Are you using Comping mode?  Open the Lanes view.   It seems you have a lane that might be muted. 

Edited by John Vere