Pasting and copying melodyne

Hi all,

I am using melodyne to alter some vocal tracks and harmonies; all is fine but when I try and copy and paste the sections to another part of the song which needs the same harmonies, I just get the original voices not the corrected melodyne notes. I could do it all over again but that would take forever, my vocals are a real problem as it is and I need loads of takes to get near a decent finished line.( With no melodyne correction ouch, you dont want to hear that!)  Does this mean I need to add melodyne to these pasted parts again? Or is there a way of pasting them together with the melodyne alterations?

4 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Hi all,

I am using melodyne to alter some vocal tracks and harmonies; all is fine but when I try and copy and paste the sections to another part of the song which needs the same harmonies, I just get the original voices not the corrected melodyne notes. I could do it all over again but that would take forever, my vocals are a real problem as it is and I need loads of takes to get near a decent finished line.( With no melodyne correction ouch, you dont want to hear that!)  Does this mean I need to add melodyne to these pasted parts again? Or is there a way of pasting them together with the melodyne alterations?

I work a lot in this scenario, and when I Ctrl-drag or ctrl+shift+drag the clips, if Melodyne is present, the copied clips retain the melodyne editing, as long as you copy-paste after doing the editing of course.

Okay, that seems to work. Thanks.

Next mystery; ( I'm pretty sure I asked this before but cant find my post so please bear with me)

I deleted 4 tracks of vocals with melodyne adjusted Vox as I didnt want them in the song till later. Hit delete and hey presto  they are not visible but they STILL PLAY! Anyone got an idea what is happening here? How do I delete them permanently? I love melodyne but also it drives me nuts!

5 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Okay, that seems to work. Thanks.

Next mystery; ( I'm pretty sure I asked this before but cant find my post so please bear with me)

I deleted 4 tracks of vocals with melodyne adjusted Vox as I didnt want them in the song till later. Hit delete and hey presto  they are not visible but they STILL PLAY! Anyone got an idea what is happening here? How do I delete them permanently? I love melodyne but also it drives me nuts!

If you manually deleted the clips on the track view, there is a possibility that you deleted just the visible clips, or selected clips (if you build the track on Comp mode), but the remaining clips were still there.

Regarding Melodyne: remember that Melodyne creates a region effect over the clips. The managing of the track and the clips has to be done prior to applying Melodyne. 

To really delete all, you may try using "Delete Track" instead. All will be erased.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1