PRV jump respects selection

jkoseattle

Question

Seems like at one time I could select a track or three and then jump to PRV and PRV would understand what I had selected and display just those tracks in PRV. But I've done something whereby I select tracks in TV and then hit D to jump to the Multidock and PRV, but the displayed tracks are not the tracks I selected in TV, but whatever was last displayed in PRV. 

I don't have time to mess too much with this this week, but after this deadline is passed I should spend some serious time re-configuring everything including all these setup things. But I'm hoping maybe there's a quick answer for this.

What I think I really need is to have someone sit down with me and help me get everything the way I used to have it. Again, post-current deadline.

7 answers to this question

I just figured out that the side bar on the right , if you’re not seeing it you can drag it from the right, is actually called the track view. It’s a mini view of the track pane.  I’ve  used it for years without knowing what it was called . 

Difference is you can just show midi tracks. If you select auto lock mode you can hold Ctrl and select multiple  tracks. Note the pencil or the lock.  As it is, it takes 1/2 second to view the track or tracks you need from within the PVR so no need to do that in the TV. 

Yet probably another of those Basic Workspace issues. They say it’s to not overwhelm new users but if they insist on hiding half of Cakewalks features how’s is anyone going to know they even exist. That right hand mini track view has always been there for me but I realize it’s not part of the basic workspace. 

12 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Yet probably another of those Basic Workspace issues. They say it’s to not overwhelm new users but if they insist on hiding half of Cakewalks features how’s is anyone going to know they even exist. That right hand mini track view has always been there for me but I realize it’s not part of the basic workspace. 

I am finding myself agreeing with you on this one.  The Workspace on a fresh install of CbB should be set to "None"