[SOLVED] Help Module Scroll Bar Colors???

sjoens

The only themable scroll bar items are the background and thumb for TV, CV, PRV, Step Seq, & Matrix Views.

One day I noticed the Browser's Help Module scroll bar was oddly colored and uses different elements than the other windows.

EDIT:

I found Global > Scroll Bars > Scroll Bar Background also changes the Help Module scroll bar background.

When this happens, the Help Module scroll bar thumb & arrows will also change, but not as expected.

Background  > Thumb > Arrows:

Cyan > Red > Red

Dark Cyan > Red > Ice Blue

Light Cyan > darker Cyan > darker Cyan

Blue > Dark Blue > Magenta

Magenta > White > Gray

Red > White > Gray

Dark Red > Cyan > Cyan

Green > White > Gray

Dark Green > Magenta > Ice Blue

Black > Gray > Gray

White > Gray > Gray

Dark Gray > Black > White

Gray > Dark Gray > Dark Gray

:S

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 2

Here's a snip of Midnight Blue, showing both my custom scroll bar colors and what the Help scrollers look like:

image.png.6a7367c45c6c84d93f8c5bcc0b398f17.png

Same view with Yellow Submarine:

image.png.a4f2dd7bf4555c951bfa9607b111216b.png

The red arrows in Yellow Submarine suggest that they may be controlled by a color selection elsewhere in the theme (or custom color settings, there's always that), although I'm not sure exactly where.

It would sure be nice to have this scroll bar in the Browser instead of the generic non-themeable ones we have now. I kinda like the look of it, it would be nice to have everywhere else, too. Looks more modern, easier to see. I'd have to be able to change the colors of the arrows and thumb, though.

It would be sooo nice to have ALL scrollers unified in style and totally theme-able.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

The red arrows in Yellow Submarine suggest that they may be controlled by a color selection elsewhere in the theme (or custom color settings, there's always that), although I'm not sure exactly where.

I spent some time tracking it down and found only the background is directly changeable.

Thumb & arrows change with the background color in some sort of undisclosed predetermined way inside CbB for which we have no control over... as described above.

Zactly. The difference is time ruler selection actually "inverts" the background color making it the exact opposite of the color you chose. The Help Mod colors follow no discernable rule so can't say what in the world the bakers were thinking there.

• Like 1