Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

I initially placed an order for the crossgrade box with gear4music - what a clusterf...  Their internal system was not happy with my credit card, even though my CC company approved the transaction...

I ordered the box with the eLicenserthrough B&H over the phone.  They will ship it to me once they receive it from Steinberg.  I don't care if it takes 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, pbognar said:

Did you have to pay Local Import Duties or VAT?   The shipping cost would be about $10 for me - is that what it was for you?

Yeah shipping was $10. I had to pay around $3 for foreign transfer fee but didn't see anything specifically about a VAT on the invoice.

4 hours ago, mikannohako said:

I also paid at BS a few days ago and I am waiting, too.

I haven't sent any crossgrade proof yet as I thought they would later ask me to send it in another email. But I haven't received anything other than system message so far.

I am not going to use cubase anytime soon because I don't have e-licenser. And also possibly I could wait for the next version.

For me it took about a week between paying and them asking for proof. Be patient grasshopper. :)

• Thanks 1

They (bestservice.de) gave me Hall of Fame 3 as "waiting" consolation.

Looks like it covers all the classic verbs I already have elsewhere but it was a nice gesture.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 5

A question, maybe someone knows the answer. I have planned to buy an audio interface with bundled Cubase LE, I don't have it yet, it's a matter of weeks. Now, if want to take the opportunity and buy the Elements upgrade now, and the interface later - will that work? In other words, do Steinberg ask for the LE serial number or anything during the purchase of the upgrade? Thanks.

Edited by chris.r

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

A question, maybe someone knows the answer. I have planned to buy an audio interface with bundled Cubase LE, I don't have it yet, it's a matter of weeks. Now, if want to take the opportunity and buy the Elements upgrade now, and the interface later - will that work? In other words, do Steinberg ask for the LE serial number or anything during the purchase of the upgrade? Thanks.

If you buy it now, just wait until you get the Serial # from the Interface to register.
I don't think the upgrade will install without the LE version installed, but could be wrong.

• Like 1

^^^what Larry says

normally when you get an upgrade from SB it asks which licence you want to upgrade - it gives you a list of licences registered in your account.

elements runs on a software elicenser but you need an hardware elicencer to run full cubase - so factor the cost of that into your purchase

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

So I received my "boxed" crossgrade to Cubase 10 Pro in pretty much record time from B&H.

Somehow I was expecting a box of media and the eLicenser, but the un-opened box says "Software installer not included.  Box contains Download Access Code for download/activation and USB-eLicenser"

Sorry for my idiocy, but am I good to go?  I have not been asked to provide any proof of ownership.

2 hours ago, pbognar said:

So I received my "boxed" crossgrade to Cubase 10 Pro in pretty much record time from B&H.

Somehow I was expecting a box of media and the eLicenser, but the un-opened box says "Software installer not included.  Box contains Download Access Code for download/activation and USB-eLicenser"

Sorry for my idiocy, but am I good to go?  I have not been asked to provide any proof of ownership.

Yeah, I was never asked for proof of ownership either. You should be good to go!

• Thanks 1