Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

On 5/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, cclarry said:

BTW...if you already have the Vienna Licenser Key that's the same as the eLicenser

I don't have the Vienna Licenser key. I have a Korg elicenser though. It's a Syncrosoft product. You know what I'm thinking. Not sure if it would work or not. 

Probably usb 2.0 and maybe even usb 1.0. Korg no longer uses a dongle that I'm aware of.

46 minutes ago, Starise said:

I don't have the Vienna Licenser key. I have a Korg elicenser though. It's a Syncrosoft product. You know what I'm thinking. Not sure if it would work or not. 

Probably usb 2.0 and maybe even usb 1.0. Korg no longer uses a dongle that I'm aware of.

Is it blue?  It should work if it's an eLicenser from Synchrosoft...but I can't swear to that!

Just curious....is the Crossgrade license transferable?

Currently using S1, but after the latest 4.5 update yet again blew off third party support (Native Instruments, iZotope RX, etc...), I'm wanting to give Cubase a shot but want a fallback in case it ends up being too bloated for my liking (or if their eventual ARA integration turns out to be a bust).

40 minutes ago, superdan54 said:

Currently using S1, but after the latest 4.5 update yet again blew off third party support (Native Instruments, iZotope RX, etc...), I'm wanting to give Cubase a shot but want a fallback in case it ends up being too bloated for my liking (or if their eventual ARA integration turns out to be a bust).

I give them a chance to fix it. This is always an issue with major updates.

56 minutes ago, superdan54 said:

What do you mean by "4.5 update yet again blew off third party support (Native Instruments, iZotope RX, etc...)"?

14 minutes ago, Bapu said:

What do you mean by "4.5 update yet again blew off third party support (Native Instruments, iZotope RX, etc...)"?

Speaking specifically about this thread, which was the most viewed and active feature request on the Presonus site:

https://answers.presonus.com/20921/will-there-be-integration-for-komplete-kontrol-mk2

But I also use RX quite a bit and S1's inability to interface with external audio editors makes it extremely cumbersome doing those edits.

The crossgrade license is just a discount, the license looks exactly like a normal Cubase license.  So you could re-sell it, but doing that requires shipping your dongle (or a extra dongle you purchase to transfer just the license you want to sell, if your dongle has multiple licenses). 

Steinberg has a resale wizard to walk you through all the cases.  But here's the page that describes selling Cubase 10 Pro on a eLicenser by itself:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/resale_wizard_software/registered/usb_elicenser/single_license.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... I pulled the trigger and got the crossgrade directly from Steinberg. I opted not buying from 3rd party mostly because I intend to postpone the registration until the end of the year and I don't want troubles with wrong serial numbers or so then (not because 3rd party serial numbers are not reliable but, as I bough directly from then, I think I'll have less problems if anything goes wrong later).

To my surprise, though, I cannot find the list of my purchases or reprint an invoice from the Steinberg site. The only proof of purchase will be the emailed invoice!!!

And, BTW, I still have not received the email with the invoice and serial number. Is this normal?

9 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Well... I pulled the trigger and got the crossgrade directly from Steinberg. I opted not buying from 3rd party mostly because I intend to postpone the registration until the end of the year and I don't want troubles with wrong serial numbers or so then (not because 3rd party serial numbers are not reliable but, as I bough directly from then, I think I'll have less problems if anything goes wrong later).

To my surprise, though, I cannot find the list of my purchases or reprint an invoice from the Steinberg site. The only proof of purchase will be the emailed invoice!!!

And, BTW, I still have not received the email with the invoice and serial number. Is this normal?

Yes.  You will have to supply verification of a owning a competitors product to
qualify for the Crossgrade, and buying directly was a probably a mistake.  They KNOW when
you bought it automatically, and will be registered
to your account by them when they approve the purchase.

3rd Parties will email you a Serial # which you can "hold on to" if you are trying
to wait for the upgrade grace period, and buying from Steinberg directly will
probably circumvent your ability to do that...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I just checked the times when I bought it on Monday and I received the email from Steinberg online shop (steinberg@asknet.de) with the Activation code 4 minutes after the validation success email (for crossgrade eligibility).

It will of course depend on how quickly you respond to the validity success email. I carried on with the purchase immediately on receipt of the validity success email. It then probably took another minute or so to get to the payment screen. So it was probably around 3 minutes from payment to receiving the activation code.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes.  You will have to supply verification of a owning a competitors product to
qualify for the Crossgrade, and buying directly was a probably a mistake.  They KNOW when
you bought it automatically, and will be registered
to your account by them when they approve the purchase.

3rd Parties will email you a Serial # which you can "hold on to" if you are trying
to wait for the upgrade grace period, and buying from Steinberg directly will
probably circumvent your ability to do that...

This is not correct. I bought the upgrade to Wavelab v9.5 last year directly from Steinberg and received the invoice email with the serial number then. I never registered it and it does not appear in my software list when I log in the site. The date that counts for free upgrade purposes is the date when the product is effectively registered and included in your eLicenser.

Also I already sent the eligibility proof (the Sonar Patinum "About" screen), it has been already approved, I already paid and concluded the purchase. What I have not received yet is the email with the invoice and serial number and, as I bought directly from Steinberg, I asked here if this delay would be normal.

From payment to receipt of activation codes took approximately 3 minutes.

Also, the PDF invoice arrived about 5 hours after that but does not include activation codes (it's just a proof of purchase).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

From payment to receipt of activation codes took approximately 3 minutes.

Also, the PDF invoice arrived about 5 hours after that but does not include activation codes (it's just a proof of purchase).

Thanks for the info. I'll contact them. Fortunately I printed the purchase confirmation page.

I finally received the emails: the order confirmation, with the activation codes, and the invoice. But the Steinberg site still puzzles me.

In the page I saved immediately after completing the purchase there's a button that links to a different login page in the shop than the normal:

https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?mode=depot

And after logging in I access a page with the activation codes and links to download the items I just bought (I also got the Padshop Pro upgrade).

The problem is: I could not find a link to this login page anywhere in the site. Had I ignored that button I'd never know about it.

OK... no big deal. I'd had access to this items by other means. But this just don't make sense IMO.

Wouldn't be better to have a page in my account with my purchases (registered/activated or not) with the codes and download links like (almost) everyone else?

• Like 1