Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

3 hours ago, abacab said:

How handicapped do you find Elements only as far as MIDI features go?

There's a comparison list.  It's enough not to bother when you have full featured DAWs.   It's mostly about track limits for me.   

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

There's a comparison list.  It's enough not to bother when you have full featured DAWs.   It's mostly about track limits for me.   

I skimmed the manual and the comparison list a couple years ago, as well as ran the Elements 30 day trial.

I was interested mainly in using the chord track, and other composing tools like the circle of fifths, etc., but I ended up getting Tracktion Waveform for it's MIDI pattern generator tools instead. I was looking into other music creativity tools that Cakewalk Sonar lacked, rather than another full featured DAW for tracking and mixing. Waveform has some cool capabilities, but sometimes I wish I had gotten Elements instead.

As far as track limits go, 64 MIDI tracks is probably more than I need.

35 minutes ago, abacab said:

I skimmed the manual and the comparison list a couple years ago, as well as ran the Elements 30 day trial.

I was interested mainly in using the chord track, and other composing tools like the circle of fifths, etc., but I ended up getting Tracktion Waveform for it's MIDI pattern generator tools instead. I was looking into other music creativity tools that Cakewalk Sonar lacked, rather than another full featured DAW for tracking and mixing. Waveform has some cool capabilities, but sometimes I wish I had gotten Elements instead.

As far as track limits go, 64 MIDI tracks is probably more than I need.

FL Studio has that chord function as long as I can remember. I finally mess with it.   I've had Tracktion since it was born.  I think their pricing is not competitive and I just don't really care for it and won't upgrade.   There's too many things I don't like about it.  I'd take Elements over it.  

I finally decided to take the plunge and went for Cubase 10 Pro crossgrade direct from Steinberg while it's at this crazy low price. Also picked up the Padshop Pro upgrade.

I used Sonar Platinum screenshot for crossgrade verification (could also have used Studio One Pro) and it was almost instantaneous with the email arriving a couple of minutes after submitting the screenshot on the Steinberg website.

If you are in the UK a few music stores seem to be OOS of the USB e-licenser including my local one Gear4Music probably due to the Steinberg sale. 
Andertons had 2 in stock yesterday so I ordered one and it arrived this morning.

Just downloading the software now.

I moved a few USB devices around to give me a spare slot for the USB e-licenser and also noted that it allows you to transfer all soft e-licenser keys to the USB key. 

• Like 2

Guyz i struggle to find one info about the control room section .....can we have FX inserts per cue mix ? or an equivlanet way to use sonarworks or arc for headphone and another one for monitors ..i'm actually doing this with buses on my other daws but would love to know if cubase allows this ?!!

What is the HDD drive space taking by the core app ? (no need for their content)

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Guyz i struggle to find one info about the control room section .....can we have FX inserts per cue mix ? or an equivlanet way to use sonarworks or arc for headphone and another one for monitors ..i'm actually doing this with buses on my other daws but would love to know if cubase allows this ?!!

What is the HDD drive space taking by the core app ? (no need for their content)

Lots of info at Steinberg's YT & at their forum.

here's one example-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1tWdTddE4

I use Sonarworks Ref. 4 in Control Room so I never need to turn it off when rendering.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Yes you can setup the Control Room for your monitors and your headsets with separate versions of Sonarworks for each (I have the headphones and the speaker version of Sonarworks) and switch the profile when ever you need to.  it takes a bit of work to setup the Control Room the first time but it's just one time pain.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Lots of info at Steinberg's YT & at their forum.

here's one example-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1tWdTddE4

I use Sonarworks Ref. 4 in Control Room so I never need to turn it off when rendering.

Yep thks first video a watched ...basically it only shows assignment not use of the fx section , witch nobody talks about badically lol...

Each monitor/speaker set has 8 effect inserts and the whole mix has 8 effect inserts.   So you can have effects on just one headphone (say the vocalist) that only gets some of the tracks from the session and different effects on your headphones and speakers.  Pretty much any kind of routing you can imagine with multiple outputs is possible.  The documentation is pretty weak though.  I'm pretty sure I may be doing it wrong, half the time when setting up the control room you'll end up with no output because of all the connections.

Since my headphones share output channels with the room monitors I have two separate control room presets, not sure that's the best way to do this or not.  In theory if you had your headphones on separate outputs you could have two separate monitor setups with sets of effects for each.  I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing it wrong since I've got the Sonarworks and Wave NX plugins on the Mix inserts and not on the monitor inserts.  Something I may need to look into.B4eprz.jpg

• Thanks 1

I know Elements and Artist come with a "basic" score editor while Pro comes with an "advanced" score editor.

In practice, I would prefer the "basic" score editor for entering/tweaking MIDI and save the "advanced" score editor for printing if needed.

Does anyone know if in Pro, you have the option of using the "basic" score editor?  I don't want to be bombarded with options.  I am more than happy to have an editor which looks like Cakewalk's staff editor, but without the limitations of triplets and embedded rests.

Pro is the edition which will have ARA 2, Chord Assistant, VariAudio, etc.

I'm demoing Elements, although my fuzz pedal spending/addiction has pretty much negated any available funds.  Nevertheless, is anyone else having problems with the Kontakt 5 (full) GUI in Cubase?  All my menus and directories in Kontakt 5 are zeroed out and non-navigable when I open it in  Elements.  Kontakt Player 6 is fine, however.