Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

Mark is right....I have to wait for the e-licenser to arrive to activate so I'm all installed and reading the manual right now :)  Last time I used Cubase was about 10 years ago...we'll see how quickly I get back into it.

My key is in a USPS regional center in Indianapolis right now, I can wait a few days.

Bill

• Thanks 1

I really wanted Cubase to work for me, but I just didn't connect with it at all. I couldn't get it to work on my UR44 despite it coming with the UR44, the only questions I found from others who couldn't get it to work were unanswered and when I placed my questions they were also eventually unanswered.

Wheres the rewind button?

Spent some time with it but couldn't understand how it was routing my UR44 and the onboard effects that are supposed to integrate directly in Cubase. I didn't like the way the windows worked.

3 hours ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

Mark is right....I have to wait for the e-licenser to arrive to activate so I'm all installed and reading the manual right now :) Last time I used Cubase was about 10 years ago...we'll see how quickly I get back into it.

My key is in a USPS regional center in Indianapolis right now, I can wait a few days.

Bill

Hey Cookie,

Just wondering are you able to run Padshop and Retrologue 2 with only the soft e-licenser? 

I was thinking that my upgrade cost from Cubase Elements to Artist (which I don't plan to use) is cheap enough to make it worthwhile even if I only intend to use Padshop (plus the upgrade to Padshop Pro) and Retrologue 2.  I wouldn't need a USB e-licenser would I as I don't intend to use Artist?

Also, wondering if I would still be able to run Elements or does the upgrade to Artist license replace the Elements one rather than being in addition to it?

It is my understanding that a higher Cubase license authorizes everything below it.  So with a Cubase Pro license you can also run Artist or Elements.  But you have to have the eLicenser to have that  Pro license.  And I don't think you can register the new license without having an eLicenser.  Cubase upgrades also remove and replace your old license completely.  My Cubase 9 license is gone.

Padshop and Retrologue 2 won't start in CbC on my machine without the Cubase 10 dongle. (and crashed right after this dialog even)

ayvVrF.jpg

• Thanks 1

A question for the fine folks here well versed in Steinberg's licensing practices and such: If I get a serial from a 3rd party shop like JRR or Best Service and I postpone the registration/activation of this serial on the Steinberg site, will this later date be accounted for regarding the "grace period", as they call it, to have free upgrades?

I'm asking because I got the Wavelab v9.5 upgrade deal some months ago but never registered the serial (TBH I haven't using Wavelab much lately and v9 is being fine enough for my needs). I suppose that v10 is on the drawing board already and I was thinking if it'd be wise to wait for it before registering.

Just a thought.

52 minutes ago, Sergio said:

A question for the fine folks here well versed in Steinberg's licensing practices and such: If I get a serial from a 3rd party shop like JRR or Best Service and I postpone the registration/activation of this serial on the Steinberg site, will this later date be accounted for regarding the "grace period", as they call it, to have free upgrades?

I'm asking because I got the Wavelab v9.5 upgrade deal some months ago but never registered the serial (TBH I haven't using Wavelab much lately and v9 is being fine enough for my needs). I suppose that v10 is on the drawing board already and I was thinking if it'd be wise to wait for it before registering.

Just a thought.

10.5 is right around the corner...sometime later this year...

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Just a thought.

Cubase licensing is based on activation.
So, unless Steinberg changes policy, the # should be good until you're ready (even across version upgrades).

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, Amicus717 said:

I moved to Cubase when Cakewalk went down, and like Matt I don't regret it at all - mainly because the midi tools are the best I've used, period. Sonar's midi tools were fine, and I had no trouble using them when I was doing midi work in Sonar (I still fire up Cakewalk for audio work, as I prefer it's overall GUI for audio stuff), but Cubase' tools are top class. I find them intuitive, fast and comprehensive.  I think their midi tools are among the best in the business. Combine CbB's audio tools, GUI, and ProChannel with Cubase' midi implementation, and you've have the best DAW ever, IMO. 

Am I loosing much of the excellent MIDI tools (whatever they are) if I go for Cubase Elements instead?

15 hours ago, chris.r said:

Am I loosing much of the excellent MIDI tools (whatever they are) if I go for Cubase Elements instead?

I briefly used Elements a couple years back, as I had a copy on DVD that I received with one of my soundcards, but I honestly cannot remember how much it differs from full Cubase in terms of its midi toolset. Both programs are obviously siblings and share much of the same tool set and overall details, but that's all I really remember...

16 hours ago, chris.r said:

I tried the Cubase Elements 9 trial a couple years ago. I seem to recall that most of the MIDI tools like chord track and chord assistant were intact in Elements, but the Pro version has more features for audio editing and mixing. So just for MIDI, Elements is probably OK.

Check out the trial, no dongle required for Elements.

Thanks guys. I'm less interested in the arranging/composing tools and more in detailed MIDI data manipulation. From the comparison I can read that the famous logical editor is available only in pro version. Although I already had a few conversations on the differences between Cubase and Cakewalk I still can't quite figure out what is the advantage over Cakewalk in terms of MIDI editing, maybe it's the logical editor, maybe something else. In Cakewalk we have interpolate and cal scripts for example. Also didn't see much benefits from having Elements over LE version,  mostly track count and more inputs for simultaneous recording.

Edited by chris.r