Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

On 5/7/2019 at 1:01 PM, Marat said:

To balinas

From Steinberg.net:

*This offer only includes full versions of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 and the competitive crossgrade from all major DAWs to Cubase Pro 10. Updates, upgrades and educational versions are not part of the promotion.

Just got an email from Steinberg. Update from 9.5 to 10 is now $50 on the Steinberg site. At that price I think I will give it some consideration!

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebrate-nl/?mobile=1&utm_campaign=259400021063_cubase_anniversary_offer_updates_upgrades&utm_content=cubase-10-ud-ug_us-eu-row_en-de-es-fr-ja&utm_medium=promo&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=2HOMZ3XB-105HBQP

Edited by balinas
Added link

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Can't even find out on google.  I say buyer beware for now.

After a bit of googling I found out that they're listed as official dealers by two well-known companies:

1. Plugivery: https://www.plugivery.com/about/dealers/
  2. Metric Halo: https://mhsecure.com/metric_halo/buy/dealers/301-north-america.html & https://mhsecure.com/metric_halo/component/gcontact/contact/74-north-america/1226-john-quevedo.html
  • Like 2

Most of the sellers are "Out of Stock" for the crossgrade. JRR shop has it for $166 still. Did someone here bought the crossgrade from 3rd party sellers (instead of directly with Steinberg, I mean). How/when do you submit the proof of eligibility in this case? Is a copy of the "splash screen" of Sonar enough (that one with the serial number and a city night photo in the backgrund)?

Edited by Sergio

12 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Most of the sellers are "Out of Stock" for the crossgrade. JRR shop has it for $166 still. Did someone here bought the crossgrade from 3rd party sellers (instead of directly with Steinberg, I mean). How/when do you submit the proof of eligibility in this case? Is a copy of the "splash screen" of Sonar enough (that one with the serial number and a city night photo in the backgrund)?

Best Service still has it for $159...and they will email you to email them proof of ownership of a competitive
qualifying product, and then they'll issue the Serial #

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Best Service still has it for $159...and they will email you to email them proof of ownership of a competitive
qualifying product, and then they'll issue the Serial #

I asked JRR shop about the crossgrade buying/procedure. They replyed:

"Thank you for asking. They actually haven’t been asking them to show proof."

How can this be? I don't know what to think. I have bought many times from JRR but in one occasion I has problems to get my license. Anyway, the Best Service price is a little better.

2 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I asked JRR shop about the crossgrade buying/procedure. They replyed:

"Thank you for asking. They actually haven’t been asking them to show proof."

How can this be? I don't know what to think. I have bought many times from JRR but in one occasion I has problems to get my license. Anyway, the Best Service price is a little better.

I believe it is the seller's responsibility to confirm the eligibility...

• Thanks 1

You will have to wait for 1-2 weeks to get your license.  I guess Steinberg didn't do a very good job handling this.   I guess that's an opportunity for those who decided it was an impulse purchase and get a refund.   Who'd thought it would take that long for a digital purchase.  Piss poor planning Steinberg.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

I ordered it from Sweetwater yesterday...they called today...out of Steinberg branded e-licensers so they are sending me a VSL one....same key :)

$166.00 crossgrade and $27.00 key...but free shipping...though  I do have to pay sales tax. Ordered a $10.00 t-shirt(normally  $20.00) as well just for kicks.

Bill

12 hours ago, Sergio said:

Steinberg accepts it with no problem. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what happens if you have some Steinberg software that uses the soft e-licenser and then buy Cubase Pro and an e-licenser USB dongle?

Do you have to transfer all soft e-licenses to the USB dongle or do the two things happily co-exist?

The USB e-licenser dongle is the one thing putting me off going to Pro as my USB ports are all used up so I would have to add another USB hub.

21 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Does anyone know what happens if you have some Steinberg software that uses the soft e-licenser and then buy Cubase Pro and an e-licenser USB dongle?

Do you have to transfer all soft e-licenses to the USB dongle or do the two things happily co-exist?

The USB e-licenser dongle is the one thing putting me off going to Pro as my USB ports are all used up so I would have to add another USB hub.

Mine seem to coexist. Never had a problem dongle-wise. ('ll regret those words, I'm sure)

jdf

• Thanks 1