Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

Well yes understood. Me neither(on learning a new DAW). It's the other frills added to the daw that sometimes tempt me, and it might do one or two things that CbB can't do. I just don't have the time. I have 4 other daws as it is.   Does v10 come with the full version of Halion? That might be a deal breaker.....or I should say deal maker for a person with uncontrollable GAS. I should just stay away from this place :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing about Cubase, there are no upgrade paths for the SE versions of the instruments it includes.  So if you want the full version you have to buy it like you had nothing.  Figuring this out was harder than it should have been.  So no upgrade path for Groove Agent SE or Halion Sonic SE.  There is an upgrade to Padshop Pro though (I've been meaning to get that for awhile it's pretty cheap).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Even with Cubase 10 Pro, I don't think you get full versions of any of the instrument samplers, that cannot be right, light editions of Halion and Groove agent?

They are SE Versions, which means that they are locked to Cubase, and can't be used outside of it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tezza said:

Can you use Cubase VST's in Cakewalk or are they locked to Cubase?

The only virtual instruments that came with Cubase Pro 9.5 and were accessible from outside Cubase were Retrologue and Padshop, but I don’t know if that’s been changed in Cubase Pro 10.

I hadn’t planned to update to Cubase Pro 10 but at this price I probably can’t resist.

Edited by Canopus