Cubase 30 Year Anniversary Sale

cclarry

Steinberg are certainly being very aggressive on pricing at the moment

FWIW I run cubase/nuendo as my main DAW and I think it's amazing....but then I've been with it since the beginning (feel very old !)

15 minutes ago, simon said:

Steinberg are certainly being very aggressive on pricing at the moment

FWIW I run cubase/nuendo as my main DAW and I think it's amazing....but then I've been with it since the beginning (feel very old !)

I just recently went back to Cubase...and it's pretty amazing.

I haven't done the maths but the crossgrade price from cubase to nuendo was heavily discounted too.  

If you wanted nuendo it 'might' be cheaper to buy cubase at 50% off and then buy nuendo rather than buy nuendo direct.

• Like 1

...now I've done the maths

nuendo full price (currently around half price compared to nuendo ) = £841

cubase = £248 and it's  £343 to upgrade to nuendo = £591

(uk prices obvs)

quite a saving

(edit - those prices are direct from SB - you may get these even cheaper elsewhere)

I shudder when I think of how much I have spent on upgrading cubase and nuendo over the years (every bloomin' version !!!!)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

Really not bad... Just if I have time to learn another DAW and be able to accept eLicenser (not mentioning need to buy it)...

Cubase Pro Competitive Crossgrade = € 169,- incl. VAT

Owners of the following products are eligible to obtain a full, unlimited version of Steinberg Cubase Pro at a special crossgrade price:

Ableton Live – Standard & Suite (excl. Live Intro)

Logic Pro X

Avid Pro Tools Native (excl. Pro Tools First)

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum & Professional (excl. Sonar Artist)

Image-Line FL Studio Signature & Producer (excl. Fruity Edition)

MOTU Digital Performer

Presonus Studio One Professional (excl. Studio One Artist & Prime)

Propellerheads Reason (Version 6 or higher)

This is how it works:
You are entitled to this limited crossgrade offerif you canprovide proof of ownership for one of the abovementioned DAW ́sas follows:

A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade

Or a screenshot of your product registration

Or a photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo

• Thanks 2

The upgrade from 9.5 to 10 still appears to $99 despite the sale. This was on the Steinberg site. I didn’t see the upgrade at Best Service, but I am on my phone. So, if anyone find the upgrade from 9.5 to 10 any cheaper, let me know!

Edited by balinas

To balinas

From Steinberg.net:

*This offer only includes full versions of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 and the competitive crossgrade from all major DAWs to Cubase Pro 10. Updates, upgrades and educational versions are not part of the promotion.

• Thanks 1

Started  on pro 24 lol i'm pretty attracted but i had some strange stuff happening during last year tests on this ...i might give it another spind , but i'm good with S1 now ...

They included Sonar Platinum & Professional in the crossgrade, even after all this time. I'm REALLY tempted to get Cubase 10 Pro.

The offer is valid until June 3rd. I'll give a serious thought on this.

Edited by Sergio
  • Thanks 1

I got Cubase Pro 9 when Cakewalk first died, the crossgrade was very painless.  I haven't regretted it.  I'm now running 10.  I am/was really tempted with the crossgrade to Nuendo but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that higher upgrade costs for the rest of my life and $400 is a good deal.  I really should try the demo since Nuendo 10 is out.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 1

Matthew, how do you rate Cubase's MIDI editing capabilities/tools compared to Sonar/CbB? I keep reading elsewhere that Cubase has the most advanced MIDI editing tools but my only experience with it was an old SE version in early 2000's.

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

They included Sonar Platinum & Professional in the crossgrade, even after all this time. I'm REALLY tempted to get Cubase 10 Pro.

The offer is valid until June 3rd. I'll give a serious thought on this.

Wow, I have Sonar Professional. I am amazed they have included that as a cross grade. Now this offer to get Cubase Pro is Very tempting.

I see that BestService do a good deal on the USB e=licenser. Does anyone know if Best Service can deliver to the states, which is where I am located?

Or any other places to get a good deal on the e-licenser?

Edited by Mark Stow

3 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

Wow, I have Sonar Professional. I am amazed they are include that as a cross grade. Now this offer to get Cubase Pro is Very tempting.

I see that BestService do a good deal on the USB e=licenser. Does anyone know if Best Service can deliver to the states, which is where I am located?

Or any other places to get a good deal on the e-licenser?

You can pick one up at Sweetwater for $27.99 with Free shipping

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey--steinberg-usb-elicenser-software-authorization-key

While it's cheaper at Best Service, after shipping, it may not be so far apart...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Matthew, how do you rate Cubase's MIDI editing capabilities/tools compared to Sonar/CbB? I keep reading elsewhere that Cubase has the most advanced MIDI editing tools but my only experience with it was an old SE version in early 2000's.

I moved to Cubase when Cakewalk went down, and like Matt I don't regret it at all - mainly because the midi tools are the best I've used, period. Sonar's midi tools were fine, and I had no trouble using them when I was doing midi work in Sonar (I still fire up Cakewalk for audio work, as I prefer it's overall GUI for audio stuff), but Cubase' tools are top class. I find them intuitive, fast and comprehensive.  I think their midi tools are among the best in the business. Combine CbB's audio tools, GUI, and ProChannel with Cubase' midi implementation, and you've have the best DAW ever, IMO. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 1