Europa - video

bjornpdx

Europa is the smallest of the Galilean moons of Jupiter, and is also the one most likely conducive to supporting life.

I got most of the images and video clips from Pixabay and some I bought at iStock. I Photoshopped a couple of scenes together making Iceland a moon of Jupiter.

This project started off as music, but as the story line developed the soundtrack became more tied in to the video. Not sure if I can call it a story line since I made it up as I went along, one thing suggesting another. The ending is pretty much what you want it to mean.

I had to read the manual for DaVinci Resolve for some of the FX. I just barely scratched the surface for all that this program can do.  

Thanks for watching/listening/commenting.

-Bjorn

• Like 3

Bjorn . . . enjoyable ethereal piece!  Monolithic . . . makes your mind wonder about the possibilities. Really like your synth choices here, it suits the video content, and really helps transport the listening experience to another place.

Edited by noynekker
  • Like 1

Steve - thanks! I think this was the best video I've done in a while.
Doug - thanks for watching and commenting.
Larry T - Thanks. I didn't start off with the monolith in mind. Just sort of developed.
Noynekker - Thanks. I had a more musical score at first but it became more sound effects after several edits.
David - Choosing a synth is becoming harder since I have so many now. Used to be I only had two or three hardware synths with all the MIDI cables.

• Like 1

Makke, Antler -  Thanks. Appreciate it.

Andrew -   I like the Jarre reference. One of my favorite musicians.

Daryl - I think the lines that look like roads are cracks in the ice that covers the moon.  Thanks for listening and commenting.

-Bjorn

So after a week I listened to it again and now I'm thinking meh.  Gonna have to do some editing.

Edited by bjornpdx
forgot to add

• 2 weeks later...

Hidden Sym, Bapu, Kevin  Thanks for the comments. Appreciate them.
Wookie:  I've always liked that line: "..it's full of stars."
Michael F  Thanks. Actually I did use Omnisphere but also NI Reaktor (weird stuff with that VSt), Diva,  Arturia Jupiter 8 and Pigments. 

• Like 1