8DIO Free Tomorrow

cclarry

4 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

It did for me, too. I'm actually a little disappointed with the hidden gems, though it has more to do with my expectations than anything.

Yeah, me too. When someone says "gem" it raises my expectations.  Then again, when the gem is given to me for free, it lowers it right back down, so no complaints. 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

I even deleted it completely and re-downloaded...NOPE!  Booh...very poor

This is truly bizarre!

Have you tried 1) moving the Free Angels folder to a different drive, 2) adding the new drive/folder to the Soundpaint scan path, and 3) re-scanning?

YAY!!!  The GREAT mystery has been solved!

They changed the access key to my account.  I found out
by checking my access key in my account, and it didn't match
the one in Sound Paint.  So I logged out of my account in Sound Paint
(under "account" at the top..select log out..then log in) and used the NEW
KEY from my account online to log back into Sound Paint and TA-DAH!
It's all there!

CRAZY!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, eric chevrier said:

hi guys having problems with free Angels trying  it again looks like they updated the downloader to102 .4 so I am downloading again I will let you know if I have any luck cheers fmm   and the download is 6. something gigs

If you were one of the lucky ones who got the piano before they shut it down, then check your "Access" key!
They changed them....that's what happened to me, and WHY I couldn't get Free Angels to show up!  See my post
above!  It has nothing to do with the version of the installer

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:27 PM, locrian said:

Yeah, me too. When someone says "gem" it raises my expectations.  Then again, when the gem is given to me for free, it lowers it right back down, so no complaints. 😉

I'm a gamer, so I'm used to Trophies/Achievements popping up when I fulfill certain requirements. I was expecting the hidden gems to act like that and kind of wish they did.  As it is now, it would be like getting your trophies for installing your game.  😅

Really though, that's just the way my brain works. I'm perfectly happy with how it's implemented now. 

On 11/11/2021 at 1:11 PM, locrian said:

I guess it might be wise to set aside some money for additional storage...

On 11/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, paulo said:

I think I'll stick with the Kontakt version that I forgot I even had until today.

I'll take Paulo's wisdom.  2gb vs. 7gb,  It's not a must have library.  If I need space for more Kontakt libraries I'd ditch the Kontakt version too.

33 minutes ago, Fleer said:

That 88 grand piano isn’t bad at all, especially when layering presets. 

Yep, that's a pretty good piano. I may put that back on when I replace my drive with a more bigger one! But the orchestral companions, ugh. I think that the Soundiron Elements blow them outta the water!