8DIO Free Tomorrow

cclarry

46 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Hmm..  so it is 8dio's version of SampleTank? Cool.

Not really. Even though SoundPaint plays samples, it's not a pure sample playback engine. As such, it's not intended to replace the 8Dio sample libraries for the Kontakt platform.

It's an engine that lets you layer, morph, and mangle up to 4 sampled parts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I got the Free Angels, downloaded it, but Sound Paint doesn't see it, even after a re-scan,
a full rescan, and double checking the Directory settings...oh well..

Are you sure that the folder you installed it to is listed here:

image.thumb.png.1ebc4f9f2355c01efb67151453c32725.png

Edited by locrian

17 minutes ago, cclarry said:

YES...coincidentally...same drive letter...LOL

Then go to that folder in Windows Explorer and see if a new folder got added there. If not (probably not, or the scan would have seen it) you will have to search for it, find it, and move it there.

My Free Angels folder got added into the 1928 Piano folder, regardless of the path I selected in the installer.

Edited by abacab

15 hours ago, abacab said:

Then go to that folder in Windows Explorer and see if a new folder got added there. If not (probably not, or the scan would have seen it) you will have to search for it, find it, and move it there.

My Free Angels folder got added into the 1928 Piano folder, regardless of the path I selected in the installer.

The folder is under G:\Sound Paint and it's called "Custom - Free Angels", and it IS in the scan path, and
it's STILL not seen

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

The folder is under G:\Sound Paint and it's called "Custom - Free Angels", and it IS in the scan path, and
it's STILL not seen

Sorry. Well then, support@soundpaint.com is probably the only way to fix it. Good luck!

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:25 PM, locrian said:

The addition of Free Angels unlocked my first few Hidden Gems.

It did for me, too. I'm actually a little disappointed with the hidden gems, though it has more to do with my expectations than anything. I thought they would be unlocked by stumbling across certain combinations of instruments.  I've been loading and morphing different combos trying to get them to unlock.  Was a little bummed you just have to load a new purchase. 

That being said, Free Angels works beautifully with that piano.  I've been able to get some real fun sounds out of it.