8DIO Free Tomorrow

cclarry

Tomorrow.

Get Free Angels: (has been free) A free instrument featuring over 1500 angelic ambiences, heavenly hits, and seraphic voices. Dive into the unknown with this collaboration effort of over 100 Sound designers.
Kontakt version here

https://8dio.com/instrument/free-angels/

Cinematic Ambiences offers over 900 handcrafted emotional ambiences. Designed for the sonic adventurer that wishes to expand their aural palette.

I have no idea if these have been ported to Sound Paint or what...it doesn't say...
https://8dio.com/

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Steve Madden Has there been any talk of Soundpaint putting out an upright piano in the near future? I'd love to see that. 

I know I have seen a C7 listed while viewing some of the intro videos, so you can be sure an upright will definitely be added at some point. Troels mentioned that there were a little over 100 Soundpaint libraries that would be rolling out, some ports of existing 8DIO libraries and others brand new to Soundpaint.

• Like 1

My only concern about Soundpaint is how big these libraries can be.  That seems to be an 8dio trademark. Too many sample developers are into bloat that makes game developers jealous.

I'm still amazed how Spitfire made that 300mb BBC sound great. 

It's not the libraries that are so expensive as much as buying the drive space to host them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Steve Madden Has there been any talk of Soundpaint putting out an upright piano in the near future? I'd love to see that. 

I haven't seen one specifically announced but I imagine they will.  I believe Troels said they have almost 100 nearly ready to launch and plan to put out new libraries every week.  It's only been a short time but so far, they've come through. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I still don't know what the heck soundpaint it. 😞

As stated, it's their sample engine.  The engine itself, a piano and later today, another library are all free to download and check out.  It has an interesting features that allows you to morph characteristics of one instrument to another, so basically every library you get not only gives you new sounds to play with, it also opens up sonic possibilities with existing libraries. 

Not a shill for them or anything. I've just been having a lot of fun playing around with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Madden said:

As stated, it's their sample engine.  The engine itself, a piano and later today, another library are all free to download and check out.  It has an interesting features that allows you to morph characteristics of one instrument to another, so basically every library you get not only gives you new sounds to play with, it also opens up sonic possibilities with existing libraries. 

Not a shill for them or anything. I've just been having a lot of fun playing around with it. 

Hmm..  so it is 8dio's version of SampleTank? Cool.